Double SSID + PPTP

chrishui1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:46    Post subject: Double SSID + PPTP Reply with quote
I am thinking of the possibility of the following case:

Background:
- Suppose I have 2 different locations (A and B) with dd-wrt router installed at each site

- Due to some IP restriction for location A, location B is not allow to access some webpage hosted in location A. Reversely, A is not allow to access some url hosted in B.

What in my mind in order to make all URL can be accessed by both sites:
- Setup double SSID (say SSID-A and SSID-B) setup, in Router A and B

- If user in location A, connect to SSID-A, routing will be going through Router A to access URL allowed in location A (Most simple case, which exactly the same for user in location B to access 'B')

- If user in location A, connect to SSID-B, by using PPTP server setup in Router B and PPTP client setup in Router A, routing will be going through Router B to access URL allowed in location B

- If user in location B, connect to SSID-A, by using PPTP server setup in Router A and client setup in Router B, routing will be going through Router A to access URL allowed in location A

(Which means that 2 PPTP channels are always available in this setup)

My question is: Is it possible?
It's only something in my mind but I need some professional expert to advise.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: