Any loss of native features on ASUS RT-N66U?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dd-mark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:34    Post subject: Any loss of native features on ASUS RT-N66U? Reply with quote
I currently have a Linksys 1200E running DD-WRT and can't imagine ever again having a router without it, so lately, as I've been shopping for a new router with better wifi range, I've nearly decided on an ASUS RT-N66U. It's in my price range, and it's DD-WRT compatible, so the first thing I'd do is flash it, but after reading some of its features, the thought occurred to me that maybe some of its abilities would be lost with DD-WRT? With my current Linksys 1200E, there aren't many features that I use, but higher-end units have USB ports that can be used for printing and NAS and although I've never before set up a VPN, I'm considering it, with the demise of free Logmein.
With DD-WRT on the RT-N66U (or other high-end routers), are all native features and benefits still there for us to use?

Thanks!
Mark
Sponsor
Disastrousity
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing is lost. USB has been fixed in K3.x builds, just don't use K2.6 or USB will cause a panic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: