Xiaomi’s US$20 802.11ac router

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
xmikex01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
shastada wrote:
After trying out the released 15.05 Chaos Chalmer, I went back to the PandoraBox load for this router. Seems to work better for me.

Would still much prefer a dd-wrt if possible. Anyone trying it with dd-wrt?

I am also currently on Pandora's box openwrt and would love to see these routers use ddwrt also Sad. Switch for the mt7620 was fixed months ago but I haven't seen a firmware upload for this particular router just new ones specifically from dlink Sad.
Sponsor
ramx2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer,

I don't need the switch wan port to work. Please direct us to the working non complete firmware.. I would like to install it on this router.
xmikex01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Happy new year bump Mr.Brainslayer or Mr.Kong would you happen to have an update on the port to ddwrt with this router model? Smile
stalker878
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am terribly interested for an update too! Very Happy
edmacatula
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
just waiting for stable ddwrt for this mi router mini

"network printer support for USB port too please?
rado3105
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 20:24    Post subject: re Reply with quote
Hi, is dd-wrt for this router?
famewolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:17    Post subject: Re: new firmware Reply with quote
Duffer89 wrote:
hi guys! Good news for you! One good man from Russia adapt Padavan's firmware for Xiaomi Mi Mini Router.
Сatch the URL: https://gitlab.com/Track/xrmwrt

you can find instructions in English! Cool

That link is dead. Where can the software be found now? Has tomato been made available for it as well?
Medigon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 23:37    Post subject: Re: new firmware Reply with quote
famewolf wrote:
Duffer89 wrote:
hi guys! Good news for you! One good man from Russia adapt Padavan's firmware for Xiaomi Mi Mini Router.
Сatch the URL: https://gitlab.com/Track/xrmwrt

That link is dead. Where can the software be found now? Has tomato been made available for it as well?

Same question, freaked out after I saw the post on the router js-injectioning and hijacking requests.

I did find this though which may be the similar: http://en.miui.com/thread-208652-1-1.html
RjG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gigabit Xiaomi version A/C 1167 quad for $35 now

http://www.gearbest.com/wireless-routers/pp_346394.html

I wish DD-wrt supported these

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:38    Post subject: Re: new firmware Reply with quote
Medigon wrote:
famewolf wrote:
Duffer89 wrote:
Сatch the URL:

Same question, freaked out after I saw the post on the router js-injectioning and hijacking requests.

I did find this though which may be the similar:

Padavan can be compiled and flashed via the prometheus script. I have it running on the newer model Xiaomi Mi Wifi 3 and my older Xiaomi Mi Wifi. You will need to use chrome's built in translate feature as the website is in Russian. (the script fully supports english however).

http://prometheus.freize.net/

You have to jump through some hoops to get ssh enabled on the routers so you CAN install a 3rd party firmware.
portlan888
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:42    Post subject: Re: new firmware Reply with quote
famewolf wrote:
Medigon wrote:
famewolf wrote:
Duffer89 wrote:
Сatch the URL:

Padavan can be compiled and flashed via the prometheus script. I have it running on the newer model Xiaomi Mi Wifi 3 and my older Xiaomi Mi Wifi. You will need to use chrome's built in translate feature as the website is in Russian. (the script fully supports english however).

You have to jump through some hoops to get ssh enabled on the routers so you CAN install a 3rd party firmware.

cool
RjG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:03    Post subject: Re: new firmware Reply with quote
famewolf wrote:
Medigon wrote:
famewolf wrote:
Duffer89 wrote:
Сatch the URL:

USD 26.99 for a Xiaomi v3 today on gearbest.

Good grief, I don't know why these are so ignored by DD-WRT.

I bought one anyway. How can you NOT buy an AC dual band router for $27 ?

... and I'll try the prometheus/padavan firmware, thanks.

( This will be my first non dd-wrt router in well over 10 years )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 13:25    Post subject: Re: new firmware Reply with quote
RjG wrote:
Good grief, I don't know why these are so ignored by DD-WRT.

I bought one anyway. How can you NOT buy an AC dual band router for $27 ?

Shocked Yeah, really. Perhaps donating one to the devs would get the ball rolling?
RjG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
No need, Padavan rocks on this tiny router.

Very full featured, extremely fast (hardware NAT) , and it's rock solid too. I'm really impressed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm thinking of updating as well from my good ol DIR825 to a xiaomi 3... but for now what is stopping me is the lack of a DDWRT firmware.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: