WDS Nodes Bandwidth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
smajor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 19:36    Post subject: WDS Nodes Bandwidth Reply with quote
Hi all, I'm wondering if someone can answer a WDS question about nodes sharing bandwidth.

I've have fantastic success "bouncing" my wifi to an outlying building as well as getting wifi in the "green" areas of my property. Right now, the nodes are configured to talk only to the next one in series, for example:

router1(main)-router2-router3

If I introduced router 4 in the mix to widen my coverage, and it was in good range of say 1 and 2, since my understanding of WDS is its a mesh network, would it be a good idea to make it aware of both of those nodes instead of just one?

EDIT: and what if router4 also has a wired connection to my LAN as well, would that be even better for the purely wireless nodes that were aware of it and router1?

In other words, does DD-WRT's implementation lets the nodes work together to allow of paths of least congestion or better performance with them truly meshed?

Finally, of note, I'm doing this with a series of WRT600/610's, so WL0 carries all WDS traffic as a backbone and WL1 is where all of the clients connect.

Thank you all.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: