E1000 V2 flashed with V1 firmware - bricked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
h3is3nb3rg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:18    Post subject: E1000 V2 flashed with V1 firmware - bricked Reply with quote
I have an E1000 V2 flashed with V1's firmware. so router will boot, but won't work. Power led blinks, then gets steady. WLAN LED is off, LAN ports are on/off in dependece of if it's active (cable plugged in and activity). No dim LEDs. Router and computer are connected via switch, so auto-sensing and late ethernet connection is not actual. I did not try to ping the router after I interconnected it with computer via switch, I tried to upload image via TFTP.

I managed to connect it via serial and I can see tty console, also I can see when it's waiting for TFTP. I can run PUT image.bin, file is uploaded but then I get PANIC with "out of memory" error (I see it on tty console via serial). I tried DD-WRT and stock firmware without success.

the most weird thing is, that I cannot break in using ctrl+c

I am using a macintosh, I tried "screen" to access the console, also putty and hyperterminal in a VM, no success with breakin.

I read that scroll lock active and/or flow control other than OFF can cause serial console to be unresponsive to input. so I am wondering, can Mac usage be the cause of this problem (different ASCII codes, or something) ? I will try today to boot to Windows and use standard USB keyboard. I hope I will break in using ctrl+c
Sponsor
h3is3nb3rg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
reeaaaally funny. I had wrong cable at TX pin of my USB FTDI interface !!!

everything okay, everything works. router is working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: