[Support Request] Netgear Trek PR2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
gplmachine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:15    Post subject: Message to admin Reply with quote
I sent Brainslayer a message to drive the developers'/admins' attention here. Hopefully, one of them shows some interest in this. Knowing the person who would write the firmware might help us to move this further.
Sponsor
gplmachine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 18:38    Post subject: Does anyone know developers/admins? Reply with quote
Unfortunately I did not receive any response from Brainslayer. Is there anyone who can drive one of the developers attention here?

p.s. Replying to my messages lately, I start to feel having a monologue with my reflection Smile I hope I am not the only one monitoring this thread.
Outlander
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes this a nifty little router and it would be nice to be able to tweak it. Please consider creating DD-Wrt software for it.

Thanks
Pauline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:20    Post subject: I'm also very interessted Reply with quote
No, no, I always look back to here, if there's anything new.
I'm still very interested in DD-WRT for the Netgear Wireless Router PR2000-100EUS Trek.
*Martin*
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:30    Post subject: I have very great interest // Netgear N300 Trek PR2000 Reply with quote
Also, I have very great interest. Is there already a developer who has taken up the matter? We have been in the family for three of the Netgear N300 Trek PR2000 Travel Router, Range Extender, Repeaterund Ethernet Bridge. With DD-WRT, the devices might be better than absolutely great.

Thanks for the support

Martin
Pauline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, gplmachine,

now these are three months around. If you can ask with the developers sometimes whether somebody could take care of the Netgear PR2000.
If several are the interest in a good proficient product for the device have.

Many thanks and a nice start in good 2016.

Pauline
david.harry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:35    Post subject: anything yet?? Reply with quote
is there any progress yet? i'd gladly contribute a $20 toward development. there's so much potential for the PR2000.
gplmachine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 14:21    Post subject: Still not a response! Reply with quote
Unfortunately I do not get any response from the developers. If there is anyone who knows any or can contact them through another channel, that would be great.
Pauline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 13:44    Post subject: Free use Telekom HotSpots in Germany by PR2000 & Tolino Reply with quote
Hi,

did you know that it is possible thanks to the Netgear PR2000 and a Tolino eBook reader to have available at all Telekom HotSpots in Germany Free Internet?

The Tolinos have permanently installed a free entry to the Telekom HotSpots and the connection can be shared with the Travel Router. If the PR2000 is connected to a Telekom HotSpot and connecting a Tolino with the PR2000, provides the Tolino automatically Internetverbidung forth and all other Clint the PR2000 can use this connection for free with.
Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Well, that's yet another top argument for quickly writing a DD-WRT firmware for the PR2000!

Hallo,

wussteste ihr, dass es Dank des Netgear PR2000 und eines Tolino eBook-Reader möglich ist, an allen Telekom HotSpots in ganz Deutschland kostenfreies Internet verfügbar zu haben?

Die Tolinos haben einen kostenfreien Zugang zu den Telekom HotSpots fest eingebaut und die Verbindung lässt sich mit dem Travel Router teilen. Wenn der PR2000 mit einem Telekom-HotSpot verbunden ist und man einen Tolino mit dem PR2000 verbindet, stellt der Tolino automatisch eine Internetverbidung her und alle anderen Clints des PR2000 können diese Verbindung kostenfrei mit nutzen.

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Na, das ist aber doch ein weiteres Top-Argument dafür, schnellstens eine DD-WRT-Firmware für den PR2000 zu schreiben!
*Martin*
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:02    Post subject: Great, thank you!!! Reply with quote
That's really great, THANKS for the tip !!!

That is then a free access to more than 1 million HotSpots in Germany. Yes, this is really an amazing further argument for Netgear PR2000 ... perhaps there is indeed still a programmers who makes an adaptation of dd-wrt for.

Hope dies last ...
barrywilson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 17:45    Post subject: USB tethering Reply with quote
Yet another reason to get dd-wrt or openwrt on the Netgear Trek PR2000:

The PR2000 has a USB-A port to attach printers and storage devices, but the proprietary f/w apparently does not support USB tethering. Certainly openwrt (and possibly dd-wrt) would enable the PR2000 to tether over USB to a mobile hotspot or smartphones with USB tethering.

That's why the users need this port. But what reason do the devs have to do the work? Perhaps it needs a bounty.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
People don't seem to quite grasp the concept of adding support. Hardware and money donations, providing information to the developers are requirements or it doesn't happen.

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Netgear_PR2000

https://dd-wrt.com/donations/

https://dd-wrt.com/router-detection/

Also, adding a device doesn't just happen overnight, so there must be some patience on the users' part involved. P.S. BrainSlayer doesn't usually check or respond to PMs on the forum.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: