D-LINK DIR 615 Rev D5, supported or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
BobAGI
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:45    Post subject: D-LINK DIR 615 Rev D5, supported or not? Reply with quote
I need a VPN enabled router for my LAN and I first looked at the dd-wrt database to locate a model that is carried by my hardware store. So I found that the D-LINK DIR-615 fits the bill since the database shows a lot of versions but all are supported.
Specifically versions D1-D2-D3-D4 are all supported.
So I bought it today and on the box outside I could not see which revision it was, so I opened it and found that it is rev D5....
This is NOT mentioned in the database of routers, neither as supported nor as non-working. It is simply not there at all. Sad

So now I am hesitant to even power it up before I get some feedback regarding its suitability for DD-WRT.

Please confirm if it is possible to use this model!
Sponsor
jabalv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, I bought DIR-615 today as well and it says H/W ver: P1, which also is not in the DD-WRT router database.

Would not be good to open box and take a look inside due warranty, but if that would help for DD-WRT team to create image, I can consider that.
BobAGI
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting, then we are two at the same time but with different revisions.
Anyway I looked at the supported router database and checked which file to download for the other D revisions. Turns out that all of them are using one and the same bin file.
So I will probably chance an installation later tonight if there is no confirmation from the forum....
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
You better not. The other D series are ralink routers. Do you know for sure yours is?
Google dir-615 wiki. Go to the wiki page and see the many versions listed and the difference of chipsets.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
You better not. The other D series are ralink routers. Do you know for sure yours is?
Google dir-615 wiki. Go to the wiki page and see the many versions listed and the difference of chipsets.

I took your advice and went to the top suggestion named D-Link DIR-615 - OpenWrt Wiki.
Fairly high up it states:
Unsupported Versions
D5 Ralink RT3352F SoC

Then it has a table a bit down reading:

Revisions D5:
Architecture: MIPS
Bootloader: Unknown
System-On-Chip: Ralink RT3352F
CPU Speed: 400 Mhz
Flash-Chip: ESMT F25l32PA
Flash size: 4 MiB
RAM-Chip: ESMT M14D2561616A
RAM size: 32 MiB (4M x 4 x 16bit)
Wireless: SoC integrated
Ethernet: SoC integrated
USB: No
Serial: Yes
JTAG: No

So it seems like there is a Ralink there but apparently a different version....

Too bad I did not see this info a few hours earlier, because now after flashing with the file for the other D revisions the router is just slowly blinking ON/OFF the power indicator lamp.
Is this an indication that it is bricked or is there a way to resurrect the router???
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try this http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0

Note. I had to boot my pc into safe mode with networking.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems like D-Link do not have the firmware files for the D5 revision available for download on their site.
When you select the revision you get to select the letter but not the number and the two f/w files that appear actually fail to load.
Before I flashed the dd-wrt image for the D series I tried to update to the "latest" f/w on the router by selecting the bin files available on the D-Link webpage for the DIR-615.
In both cases there was a message saying it was not intended for this hardware....

I just assumed that the flash image on the website was not updated and went on towards the dd-wrt.

But now for the Emergency Flashing rescue I need a valid f/w file for the D-Link DIR-615 rev D5.
Anyone here knows a site where I can find that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: