Buffalo WZR-600Dhp2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:51    Post subject: Buffalo WZR-600Dhp2 Reply with quote
I just received this router, it is ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l) and not Broadcom chipset
raltar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you been able to flash it to DD_WRT yet, and if so, by which method?
sharkchaser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have this router, but the D model that comes pre-installed with dd-wrt. I installed Kong's 24710M build and it runs fine. My only problem is that all the packages are compiled against the musl c library and the packages available are few. I'm not really informed enough to know how to packages against his toolchain. If I had Kong's source tree I could probably figure it out, but I don't know where to find it.
soilman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lots of discrepensies. DD-WRT that comes pre-installed indicates that it is ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l) and also indicates that DD-WRT takes up 29.78 kb of a 64 kb nvram. However the dd-wrt database says the nvram has 128 mb and that its version of dd-wrt is 26 mb. 64 kb is a lot different than 128 mb!

The data sheet indicated it comes with wall-mounting screws - no such screws, no holes in case for wall mounting.
soilman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Question, if you have the model with buffalo branded dd-wrt pre-installed, and you want to change to the version downloaded from the dd-wrt.com site, can you go directly to buffalo-wzr-600dhp2-webflash.bin, or do you have to install factory-to-dd-wrt.bin first?
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Directly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks blaser
soilman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
By the way, although WDS is said to not usually work unless the processors in each AP are from the same manufacturer, I have been able to set up a WDS using a Buffalo WZR-600DHP2D as host, and a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 as client. Not sure if there is some database where info like this is posted, or can be posted.
Maxpwer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I have been lurking for awhile on this forum. Currently looking to replace my old linksys running dd-wrt with Buffalo WZR-600DHP2. I found this thread where Blaser said to go straight to the buffalo-wzr-600dhp2-webflash.bin file. Is that through the webgui? I'm trying to decide if I go with this router if I whether I should go ahead and flash in the non-buffalo flavored dd-wrt build and how difficult it would be. Thanks for any information.

Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: