setup VPN via OpenVPN to LAN on R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
BartDG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:53    Post subject: setup VPN via OpenVPN to LAN on R7000 Reply with quote
I want to set up a VPN tunnel to my LAN so I can safely RDP to my desktop pc if needed.

I managed to set this up via PPTP with no problems.

Because PPTP is said to be not so secure, I tried OpenVPN as well, which was quite a challenge. With the help of online tutorials, I managed to set it up in the end.

Unfortunately, the way all online tutorials are setup, they set up a VPN connection in TUN (router) mode. Because of this, I end up at a different subnet than the one where my desktop pc is located, so I cannot reach it. I figured I needed TAP (bridged) mode instead, and I changed the config files in the manner I imagined would be needed.

I then receive the message on my iPhone "iOS doesn't support TAP tunnels".

Does this mean that what I'm trying to do will never work via OpenVPN on my iPhone? It's not a real problem, since what I'm trying to do works via PPTP, but I'm just curious. (I'm not a network whiz by any lengths, but I can follow even fairly difficult directions when provided to me. Thx!)
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: