Half Bricked WRT54GL V1.1 Please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
iCrazyNoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:14    Post subject: Half Bricked WRT54GL V1.1 Please help Reply with quote
Got this old linksys router my friend had laying around, he said the router originally was flashed with OpenWRT and he tried to flash the dd-wrt V24 SP2 Micro.

After it rebooted everything works except the web interface, which is inaccessible.

The router broadcast an unsecured ddwrt SSID and works as a router without problem.

I have tried TFTP with original linksys firmware and dd-wrt mini and even tho it said successful the firmware still does not change.

I have tried 30-30-30 reset and web still inaccessible.

I can get in telnet but I have no idea how to do command line flashing.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try flashing oem firmware. Read the peacock announcement.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
iCrazyNoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Try flashing oem firmware. Read the peacock announcement.

OEM as the one from the linksys website? I have tried it with TFTP and it does not flash even if its transfered to the router. I see nothing in the peakcock thread that talks about saving brick beside the tftp method
iCrazyNoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update:

Seems like the TFTP transfers does something, If i upload the linksys firmware, I cannot telnet 192.168.1.1 but the orange linksys logo lights up.

If i TFTP the ddwrt mini firmware, the orange logo does not light up but the telnet will work.

However both does not give me any kind of sign for the web interface to go up.

Pinging 192.168.1.1 will give me TTL100 and TTL64 so I know the firmware is running fine. is there anyway to flash it with the telnet?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you can telnet in, the firmware is running....Look elsewhere for your problem.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: