ASUS WL-520GU Successful flash!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
iofthestorm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you get p910nd working? I haven't been able to get it to work properly, and the print server is the whole reason I bought this router, so it's kind of disappointing if it doesn't work.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
iofthestorm wrote:
Did you get p910nd working? I haven't been able to get it to work properly, and the print server is the whole reason I bought this router, so it's kind of disappointing if it doesn't work.

There is, somewhere, a whole long thread about getting the print server to work on this router. I haven't seen it in a month or so, but if you search, you should find it. Watch out for searching for the model number...sometimes its 520GU, 520-GU, and 520 GU...etc.

Search for usb, asus printer....see what comes up.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
iofthestorm wrote:

There is, somewhere, a whole long thread about getting the print server to work on this router. I haven't seen it in a month or so, but if you search, you should find it. Watch out for searching for the model number...sometimes its 520GU, 520-GU, and 520 GU...etc.

Search for usb, asus printer....see what comes up.

You could search for USR5461 also.
cayuga2305
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
iofthestorm wrote:

I followed the instructions from here http://tinyurl.com/nlt9bd (provided from an earlier poster), and got it to work.
help
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:18    Post subject: to fix the stupid no WIRELESS DEVICE FOUND!! Reply with quote
I finally got it. If you have any other network device TURN IT OFF DISABL IT. if you have 1394 Connection and local area connection turn off 1394 connection.
WORKS LIKE A CHARM.....
i had to register to tell ya'll this good luck
VI=P=IIR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 0:59    Post subject: ASUS Firware upgrade utility Reply with quote
I know this is a necropost, but I ran into this problem & thought it might help others . . .

BuonaDomenica wrote:
need help with this as I can't get it to flash. I have been trying for over an hour to flash the device with the above method but it always keeps saying no device found. I have the latest Asus Recovery Uility and the latest Asus firmware is installed on the router too.

My advice is to use the steps from the OP, I used that to successfully flash one of these for my brother about a year ago.
I wasted almost an hour trying to use the ASUS flash utility just yesterday for the one I got for myself (I blame web searches finding references by so many that had success with it, just refused to work for me) before finding a reference to the tftp method again (didn't have to download it with my WinXP machine, just fired it up in a command window) & everything worked flawlessly.

This is also an invaluable resource: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_WL-520GU#Upgrading_Firmware

I did this & even though it took a bit longer with the recommended 5 minute wait periods I had zero problems. I used <dd-wrt.v24_mini_asus.trx> myself for right now . . .

Hope this helps someone (oh & a huge thanks to all who have put time & effort into this project as well Very Happy )
steven_shien
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have successful flash my wl-520GU with a little problem i think.
But overall is perfect work.
My problem is i got time out if i change setting of my device.

Oh and I flash my device with dd-wrt.v24-13491_NEWD_mini_asus.trx firmware.

I just want to ask...what firmware is the best for asus WL520GU??
Plz tell me ur sugggestion.
ReadtheAnnouncements!
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
steven_shien wrote:
i have successful flash my wl-520GU with a little problem i think.
But overall is perfect work.
My problem is i got time out if i change setting of my device.

Oh and I flash my device with dd-wrt.v24-13491_NEWD_mini_asus.trx firmware.

I just want to ask...what firmware is the best for asus WL520GU??
Plz tell me ur sugggestion.

Read the announcements....

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54845
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043
(We'll wait....!) Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: