Static Routing gets lost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
maxl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:10    Post subject: Static Routing gets lost Reply with quote
if i start Routing in Commandline it works but route get lost if there is a disconnect

Code:
route add -net 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 172.16.5.2

any hints to keep route during disconnect ?

phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
That entirely depends on what interface the route is going to. If the interface itself is always up (br0/VLAN's) then you can use the advanced routing page to create it. If the interface isn't always up (tunnels) then you'll need to use a .if script or possibly the tunnel's config script. I'm not sure if the router will automatically recreate static routes for the WAN port but if it doesn't then it could be put into the firewall script or a .wanup script.

If all else fails you could use a cron job.

You could also use a dynamic routing protocol since that what it's designed for.

maxl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
thx for the fast reply

my Routing is for VPN on interface tap0 between two DD-WRT Routers - sometimes the client gets disconnected

the client automaticaly pushs the route to the server but the route form server to client (i think)can´t be set by OVPN serverscript - so i did set the static route for that

i guess am not able to do that by useing Scripts

Dynamic routing sounds interresting - but i found no Wiki Article on this topic ;(

so i think best noob method is to try to set up a cronjob Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: