Asus RT-AC3200

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
dj5826
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
About to flash a new AC3200, has anyone tried the 11/1/16 build? any issues to report?

I am new to dd-wrt and have read all there is to here. Just to confirm though I am doing a 30-30-30 then using the asus firmware utility then a 30-30-30 reset again?

thanks
Sponsor
thor2002ro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I just flashed my AC3200 with ddwrt all looked fine and ~5 minutes into configuring it I just lost connection to it and cant seam to get it back....

I tried all methods I could think of doesn't seam to go into recovery mode either.... can someone help please?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:18    Post subject: Tested 11-14-2016-r30880 build yesterday Reply with quote
Hi Everone,

I just bought my router yesterday and of course it should be running alternative firmware - I would have prefered Tomato but apperantly it has a bug with Automatic port forwarding - but DD-WRT does the trick.

The only error i have seen so far is that the Diodes for 2.4 and 5 Ghz i not working but i can live with that. Look quite stable to me.

I will do some further WIFI testing tonight. Very Happy Cool
champion01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:20    Post subject: Re: Tested 11-14-2016-r30880 build yesterday Reply with quote
Tazzmanien wrote:
Hi Everone,

I just bought my router yesterday and of course it should be running alternative firmware - I would have prefered Tomato but apperantly it has a bug with Automatic port forwarding - but DD-WRT does the trick.

The only error i have seen so far is that the Diodes for 2.4 and 5 Ghz i not working but i can live with that. Look quite stable to me.

I will do some further WIFI testing tonight. Very Happy Cool

How did the WIFI testing go? I have an ASUS 3200 router and would love to install alternative firmware. I would rather install DD-WRT over merlin but after reading this forum it seems like the DD-WRT release for the ASUS 3200 has some bugs in it and doesn't work.

Can you recommend it, is it worth installing? Is it functional or not ready yet? Has it crashed for you at all yet? Do all of the LEDs and LAN ports in the back of the router work?
Tazzmanien
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 20:30    Post subject: WIFI testing Reply with quote
Yes - i did some testing WL0, WL1 and Wl2 is all active.

I am able to connect to WL0 and Wl1, seems to work very fine.

However the WL2 - even though it seems to be active i can't connect to it. For some reason i can't see the SSID on any of my devices.

if you look at the picture is seems that it send out a lot but getting no feedback.

I have tried some of kongs builds - but it seems there is no support for 5GHz.

I think i will stay on this build for a while, because in don't like asus's own GUI on their firmware - but I am sure if you go with stock firmware everything will work. Very Happy

2016-12-02_21h21_21.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.72 KB
 Viewed:  20036 Time(s)

2016-12-02_21h21_21.png

Tazzmanien
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 20:33    Post subject: WIFI Diode question Reply with quote
It is only the diodes for the WIFI that dos'nt work Very Happy

And it seems to be very stable Smile
Chandy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:51    Post subject: About to give up! Help pleeeeeeease! Reply with quote
So here's my setup and issue that I hope someone can help me with.

Router: Asus RT3200
Firmware version: DD-WRT v3.0-r30880 (11/14/16)

I bought the router 2 weeks ago and flashed it with Tomato by Shibby and was up and running within an hour the only problem I had was with the VPN, as soon as I switched it on my connection speed would instantly drop from 150Mbps to around 35Mbps. IPVanish support tried to help with performing tracert's and a whole lot of other tests and configurations, they couldn't find an obvious issue and asked me to change settings for logging which exist in DD-WRT and not Tomato.
So I thought I'd just go and flash my router with DD-WRT and setup VPN and if I had the same issue I had more logging options........well I'm on my 3rd day now just trying to set the damn thing up!
I cannot for the life of me get the router to acquire a WAN IP address, I've follwed the instructions in the wiki setup guide and ran the code:

nvram set et0macaddr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
nvram commit

This did not resolve the issue.

I saw another thread to do with the default configuration having incorrect port configurations and suggested the below code to correct the issue:

nvram set vlan2ports=“0 5u”
nvram set vlan1ports=“1 2 3 4 5*”
nvram commit

This has not resolved the issue.

I've factoey defaulted after each unsuccessful change, performed 30/30/30 and also cleared NVRAM.

I've changed the ethernet cable.
My VirginMedia SuperHub 3 is in modem mode, I can connect to the internet directly connected to the modem.
DD-WRT is configured with WAN Connection Type to Automatic Congiuration - DHCP

I'm now just aiming in the dark as to which setting is going to resolve this and would apprciate any assistance please. If you need more info to help please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Andy_T
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
CHANDY - I have the same router with the same issue. I've also followed the steps you outlined.

The switch LAN ports and WAN port or not configured properly.

I've found the the WAN port and LAN 1 have swapped around. So if you connect your superhub in modem mode to LAN Port 1, you should get your connection working.

so:
LAN 1 = WAN

LAN Ports = WAN, LAN 2, LAN 3, LAN 4.

Obviously this isn't the best but it works. I've tried the commands used by you, and every time the device becomes unreachable from any of the wired ports, though is reachable by wifi.

This should atleast get you a functioning router.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there anyway for brainslayer or Kong to increase the nvram size on the rt-ac3200 like it has been done with other routers?
64k is not much for tri-band routers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Andy_T wrote:
CHANDY - I have the same router with the same issue. I've also followed the steps you outlined.

The switch LAN ports and WAN port or not configured properly.

I've found the the WAN port and LAN 1 have swapped around. So if you connect your superhub in modem mode to LAN Port 1, you should get your connection working.

so:
LAN 1 = WAN

LAN Ports = WAN, LAN 2, LAN 3, LAN 4.

Obviously this isn't the best but it works. I've tried the commands used by you, and every time the device becomes unreachable from any of the wired ports, though is reachable by wifi.

This should atleast get you a functioning router.

Thank you!!! I've been having the same problem! Can't even use DD-WRT at all on the RT-AC3200 because of this.

Any idea if RT-AC2400 is affected also? I observed similar behavior on that router as well.
jkau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 14:47    Post subject: RT-AC3200 - can not flash r131544 - Feb. 28, 2017 Reply with quote
I was trying to flash the currently newest release, r131544 on the Asus RT-AC3200.

I had the latest Merlin release on it, but that should rather be irrelevant.
I booted into the cfe web server by starting up the device while holding the reset button, until the power led started blinking slowly.
After clearing the nvram I uploaded the firmware. The confirmation message appeared, indicating that the firmware had been uploaded and that the device was going to reboot, what it did.
The power led turned on, the ethernet port led was flickering. I waited some time, I saw all the ethernet leds turn on and off again. I watched that several times. I waited for a long time, was never able to ping 192.168.1.1, the default IP-address. DD-WRT obviously was not initializing itself properly, did not run as expected.
Finally I reverted to the Merlin firmware, using the same recovery method. That went well, without any issue.
I did this twice, having twice the same result.

So I am wondering, what did I do wrong? Does anybody have an idea? Has anybody this release running?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flash it from with the router GUI. Go to the update section, browse to dd-wrt and upload it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 13:26    Post subject: RT-AC3200 - can not flash r131544 - Feb. 28, 2017 Reply with quote
I have done that. I had the Merlin firmware on it and flashed it from there, like an update. I got the same results as the first time. I also tried a 30-30-30 reset, to see whether that makes a difference. Same result, can not even ping.
Then I reverted and flashed Merlin firmware back from the cfe web-gui. Without issue, an indication that the hardware is still working fine.
I am starting to doubt whether the DD-WRT firmware from http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/02-28-2017-r31544/asus-rt-ac3200/asus_rt-ac3200-firmware.trx is a good one.
mensa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed latest dd-wrt to my Asus RT-AC3200 and now I can't even get in CFE boot or use Asus Firmware Restoration tool to flash an other firmware back.
Congratulations shitty dd-wrt, you bricked my router.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
mensa wrote:
I flashed latest dd-wrt to my Asus RT-AC3200 and now I can't even get in CFE boot or use Asus Firmware Restoration tool to flash an other firmware back.
Congratulations shitty dd-wrt, you bricked my router.

No one forced you to use dd-wrt. You bricked it. Not the software.
That's like blaming a gun for killing someone. You aimed it and pulled the trigger.

Navigation

Jump to: