Use a long range USB WiFi with a USB enabled dd-wrt router.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
hburke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 18:18    Post subject: Use a long range USB WiFi with a USB enabled dd-wrt router. Reply with quote
I have recently came across a Long range WiFi adapter at a yard sale (yes, you heard that right) for $5 that I verified as working and capable of what i would want to do, includes a 12dBi antenna and a rt2870 wireless chip from Ralink. I would like to make an extender with a router that has a USB port on it extend the network and netsegment so i can transfer files and use remote desktop connection

I have read the post here and that post states that I must use a router with the same vendor as the wireless chip in the USB adapter and have came up with an Asus RT-N13U B1 which uses a Ralink rt3052 SoC and 8 MB of flash so it should have room for the driver in case it needs to be integrated, and most importantly a USB port. i only plan on using this this dd-wrt router as a bridge between a WiFi network between two buildings and an Apple Time Capsule, which must be used and will be used as an access point.

Are there and precautions that i should take before ordering this router?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: