Asus RT-N16: Broken LAN and WAN? -- After trying NVRAM clean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
TCB13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:18    Post subject: Asus RT-N16: Broken LAN and WAN? -- After trying NVRAM clean Reply with quote
Hello,

Some hours ago I was trying to free some space on the NVRAM of this router and according to the wiki (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N16#NVRAM_near_full.3F), I added the following to my startup:

Code:
root# for line in `nvram show  | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done

It actually got some KB of NVRAM free, however it had some bad side effects, first the power LED stopped working (not a big issue but...) later on, after a reboot the LAN and WAN stopped working.

I can't get any WAN IP and if I connect my computer to the LAN ports I don't get an IP address from the router.

I've tried to restore this to the firmware on the router db, initial flash and big version and the power LED is back working, however the LAN/WAN is not?

Any tips on what this could be and how can I fix it?
Thank you.

PS: I was running kingkong-nv32k-broadcom (build 22000M).
Sponsor
TCB13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, so without reason, this morning everything started working again....

I guess time heals it all Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: