How to use Access Restrictions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
naeem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been doing Whitelist filtering for few months on D-link DIR 655, But it does not allow you set different rules for each IP. e.g you can choose which IP addresses to restrict to "whitelisted websites" and leave others on Full internet access.

I hope that helps.

P.S: I am still on the look out for a router that can allow different whitelits for different IP's.
Sponsor
Jacek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm currently running on WRT610N V2 with Firmware Eko: dd-wrt.v24-13575_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin
The internet stops at the right time, however, it does not restart at the specified time ie. stop: 10:00 start: 10:05
At 10:08 if i click the button Apply Setting in Access Restriction (Control Panel) then internet restart.
Is that this old bug will be taken into consideration.
Thanks.
penguinhead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I'm a novice, but here goes...

I would like to filter facebook.com on a specific IP address between the hours of 00:00-17:00 and 19:00-23:59

I've set up two policies on my access point for the desired IP address.

The first policy filters facebook.com from 00:00-17:00.
The second policy filters facebook.com from 19:00-23:59.

When I enable both policies, my access to facebook (different IP) is blocked. If I disable the rules, then my access is allowed.

I'm running ddwrt v24-sp2 build 13064.

Did I miss something, or is this a bug?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
rickrich
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jacek wrote:
Hi,
I'm currently running on WRT610N V2 with Firmware Eko: dd-wrt.v24-13575_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin
The internet stops at the right time, however, it does not restart at the specified time ie. stop: 10:00 start: 10:05

Same thing, running Asus RT-N16 fw DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/18/09) big - build 13491M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko. Stops at the right time (i.e. 11:00), but it does not restart at the specified time (i.e. 11:05).

What to do???
C-Dat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
rickrich wrote:
Jacek wrote:
Hi,

Same thing, running Asus RT-N16 fw DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/18/09) big - build 13491M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko. Stops at the right time (i.e. 11:00), but it does not restart at the specified time (i.e. 11:05).

What to do???

Wait for the Buffalo to come with DD-WRT. I've been barking up this tree for months. I get, 30/30/30 reset, Peacock, Give me your IP tables, Working here,Clear your cache.....
I respect and am amazed at the help and the firmware but in the end you'll be told. "It's free, quit bitching." OK. But my hardware and time is not. For the above basic user IE not stock firmware, I think a line should be drawn. These are the routers or builds we support. If routers, cut it off. If a new router comes out. It's WIP or not supported. Don't sacrifice progress and stability on harware that may not be embraced or is a fad. Start simple. Micro/Mini/Standard builds. Make sure everything works then start adding stuff, Hotspot, VPN. If I didn't have to spend so much time just trying to get my home network to work correctly I could devote more time to testing, increasing my knowledge,contributing more. I'll brick a new router trying something new; but don't tell me the above/it's free. I'd love to see a set list of supported routers/builds that work. Buy router, Flash DD-WRT, configure Be done with. Buy second router, Same type, model, test it till it melts. If Netgear or Asus comes out with something new; Fine. Let's table it and say. These work, 100% go to sleep and thinkg are good. Let's try this on this new router. I'm in. I love to learn. Until then Tomato is limited on the routers they support, But.. they make them work.

WRT310n V1 CB BS 15337 Mini K2.6
WRT310n V1 Main BS 15337 K2.6
WRT54GL V1.1 RB
Asus RT-N16 BS13832 Big
2x RT-N10
DeWe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Old topic, but push it up!
Why is this one not marked with a sticky? The Wiki is still wrong and/or does not contains the right information. A search over the board shows more or less the behaves from the old WRT Versions .... ( I can not register somewhere for the Wiki, my Nick is unknown and I can not change it)

Personal I'm not so happy with this solution, but maybe someone can give me a hint:

How I can block all IP-address - only ~15 Mac addressees should be have an unlimited access, some a limited access?

With a "Allow" List, I can specified the trusted Mac's(if the Mac Match the rest of rules will be ignored)for 24/7 IN access, give some Mac's a limited access and at last I block all others from the rest of the world(this is history) - but I have no idea how to realize this one only with Deny-lists like this new solution. How I can go sure, that a friend of/or my son will not connected his/another Notebook in the Network and make s.t. in the Internet, or try which IP has an access or modif. the Mac? In this moment it is a security issue, isn't it?
Some hints are welcome
Bib
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can also use the wireless mac table filter (wireless/mac filter).
And/or set a large dhcp pool then disable access to this pool and set resa's to the few allowed MACs.
Just some tracks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
You can also use the wireless mac table filter (wireless/mac filter).

I don't think, that the wireless mac table filter has any effect, if all Wireless modules disables on this router.

On this router (which is connected to the IN) are only SoHo Switche, wired Devices (like Linkstattion, Storagebird etc. and the WRT610N which make the WDS to another WRT610N ) connected. I want to have the access and the rules in one devices, otherwise ... you know - will be end in chaos ...

Quote:
And/or set a large dhcp pool

I'm using to 98% Fix IP address and the range is sorted by spec. decade for router, Mini-Server, Devices for Kids, my wifes & own PC's, Mobil phones, Mediaplayer& IN-radios and soon... I know all addresses which I need for SSH, SFTP, FTP out of my head... So I don't want really change all to DHCP or switch the IP's. It's enough, that the MVP must have DHCP incl. a Server-address to load the Bootrom.

But I have found follwing ... maybe its work and hopefully it does not cross the rules from the restriction control for the kids AND for one script (Firewall) for one IP from the Mediaplayer, which should be routed autom. direct over a transparent proxy ...

The last chapter :White Listing

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Blocking_URLs/IPs
conio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi There
Just some information or a suggestion re url filtering.

Seem to be only able to block on a fairly exact url

Is it possible to filter on sub domains ?
would be mostly useful to blocking ad networks which use stuff like

server1.adnetwork.com/ads.jpg
server2.adnetwork.com/ads.jpg

Thanks for any suggestion to what i might be doing wrong.
Ch300c
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
nvm figure my problem was because i fordward my router to another router,[/i]
Eventine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:15    Post subject: Re: How to use Access Restrictions Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
* * * How to use Access Restrictions * * *
this is for at least RC5 builds - I don't remember how it was on older builds.

1) Policy is applied when set IP (or range, or MAC) and set time are both matched.

2) All ten policies are used
- this is different then in factory Linksys firmware, when only first match is used

3) "Deny" policy
- Deny policy completely blocks internet access. (filters are of course not used). If you need to deny internet access e.g form 10PM to 6AM, make 2 policies: 1st from 22:00 - 23:59; 2nd form 0:00 to 06:00

4) "Allow" policy
- Name is wrong, it should be "Filter" (already fixed in code). This policy will not allow intenet access during selected days and hour, as it is popular belief, but will only apply set filters and port services (p2p, block by URL....) on set times. Other times will have unfiltered internet access.

I tried this now and works 100% ok. Comments welcome.

Hi, I have problems with access restriction deny rules. They work, but when I enable them, they avoid local cookies save, so lots of websites don't work properly.
How can I fix this?
Thanks for your help and work.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: