wrt300n flash how to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
quartermilecamel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:47    Post subject: wrt300n flash how to? Reply with quote
Hello I have purchased 2 wrt300n routers and I think they are version 1.1. Havnt received them in the mail yet, but wanted to find out how exactly to flash them with dd wrt. There seems to be so many flash files fir version 1 and 1.1. The last time I flashed a wrt54g router I bricked it. Hoping this is a good router to put dd wrt on as I want to extend my wireless around the house. I will be putting this on a dish. Im so hoping somebody can point me to a thread on how to do this as I don't want to have to jtag these routers to unbrick them.
Sponsor
quartermilecamel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow I found instructions in the wiki and it worked great.
quartermilecamel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
My version 1.1 router seems to work good.
So I tried to flash the other wrt300n router and it said update are failed. I didn't know it was version 1 instead of 1.1 I flashed it with the same 1.1 file mentioned in the wiki for version 1.1. So, after realizing this I flashed it with the version 1 file in wiki instructions for wrt300n v1 and dd wrt loaded successfully, but my issue is it does not pull in internet. Followed the version 1 wiki instructions step by step. Its even been un plugged every night. Still no internet. It sees my main router signal but wont give my laptop internet. swapping in my good dd wrt wrt300n router on same power and Ethernet will make the laptop get internet. Did I mess this router up flashing wrong file? The only thing I can think of is, the initial wrong flash somehow messed it up, or this version router is just dead out of the ebay box. Im using these routers in client mode too. dd wrt webgui settings are the same good and bad routers, so Im at a loss as to what to fix or check next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: