DIR-615D4 Bridge Repeater issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
enigma776
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 18:22    Post subject: DIR-615D4 Bridge Repeater issue Reply with quote
I know I know this router is known for problems, I have followed this guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge to no avail I get no output from it what so ever.

Little background trying to bridge from a Virgin Media super Hub 2 to a DIR-615D4 but for the lift of me can not get it to sync up came close one time but no outside internet access just LAN stuff. What am I doing wrong.

In theory I should be able to log in to the DD-WRT control panel right by using its IP right? Well I can't.

Many Thanks.
Sponsor
bob8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you flash DD-WRT onto the DIR-615 rev.D, the default IP address of the router changes from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1.

Try these far simpler instructions for setting up 'repeater bridge' mode on DIR-615 rev. D4.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=153372

You will also need to add these to startup commands to enable two stream wifi mode.

sleep 20
iwpriv ra0 set HtTxStream=2
sleep 5
iwpriv ra0 set HtRxStream=2

I use build 20453 on my ex-Virgin rev D4 and it works fine in 20MHz mode, primarily to connect a desktop PC to my wifi network. I have had issues when testing later builds such as 23320 where it can randomly lose its two stream wifi setting. DD-WRT database reports build 21061 is last stable build for DIR-615 rev D models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: