R7000 random reboots on later builds w/new WiFi driver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

When you use a build with new drivers, do you get random reboots?
Yes, frequent reboots
68%
 68%  [ 68 ]
Yes, but very rare
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 100

wgentine
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm still suffering of this disease, I will give up and head back to latest OLD build.
Sponsor
kallsop
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
R7000 with 24710M STD build:

2 SSID's set up on the regular 2.4GHz and 5GHZ configs.

GUEST SSID added, no password - random reboots.

GUEST SSID with a password, nobody could connect - random reboots.

Removed GUEST SSID altogether - no reboot now for 18 hours.

EDIT - router did reboot after about 24 hours. This weekend I will revert back to 24345M.

Last edited by kallsop on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:36; edited 1 time in total
grein002
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I posted earlier in this thread as a non-reboot. However, after approximately 18 days, I suffered a spontaneous reboot at around 9AM today. No one was home at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm getting the random reboots and the only Apple device I know is on my network is a macbook pro. I only have one friend on an iPhone and he's on my guest network. He just hasn't been over in the past week and I've had multiple reboots since then. I've even gone and put my router on a UPS to ensure it's not an issue with the voltage possibly dipping too low.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
donatom3 wrote:
I'm getting the random reboots and the only Apple device I know is on my network is a macbook pro. I only have one friend on an iPhone and he's on my guest network. He just hasn't been over in the past week and I've had multiple reboots since then. I've even gone and put my router on a UPS to ensure it's not an issue with the voltage possibly dipping too low.

Connect your mac to the 5ghz interface only and report back if the reboot problem exists.

-Fractal
MHzTweaker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got my R7000 and flashed it June 17th with one of Kong's current _NEWD builds.

I only use the R7000 as an access point for wireless only devices and did not much notice the constant reboots until I looked up and saw it resetting itself twice in real time. Of course the indicator lights all go out and power light goes orange. I have been on a mission to get this router stable. It's amazing what a little reading can do for a person. Wink I had no idea there were different versions with old and new wireless drivers. I did try the 24710 version but I still cannot get it to stay up even a day.
I flashed http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/24345M/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD_OLDD.bin last night and have made it 13hours so far without a random reboot.

There are almost always a pair of Android phones (Note 3 & Moto G) iPod and an iPad connected. There can be 1 to 4 Windows Laptops connected as well. I do very little with the Apple products but they do keep a connection.
s-f-r-j
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
24760M running well since i flashed it.
WiFi Guest enabled as well and router overclocked to 1200 MHz.

Lots of activity on it as well.

Thanks Kong!

2014-08-02_18-33-33.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.29 KB
 Viewed:  14136 Time(s)

2014-08-02_18-33-33.png

2014-08-02_18-33-07.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.38 KB
 Viewed:  14136 Time(s)

2014-08-02_18-33-07.png

kallsop
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am at 24 hours with no reboots on 24760M STD, with everything running including GUEST WiFi. This version looks like a keeper.
kgb173
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
donatom3 wrote:

Connect your mac to the 5ghz interface only and report back if the reboot problem exists.

-Fractal

so i've been using the OLD for a while and have tried NEWD a few times only to experience reboots frequently. I noticed it at first when my cousin came over with 2 iphones. the new one didn't cause issues but as soon as he connected the older one iphone 4 it caused a reboot. ended up going back to old and had weeks of uptime.

yesterday i flashed the newest 8/3 build. same issue but this time with my wife's iphone which is the 5. i looked at the time and it was right when she came home. i'm thinking it also has somethign to do with edge of system on the wifi since it happened right when she pulled into the house.

i have a r7000 and also a ex6200 (Standard firmware not DDWRT). she is only connected to the 5ghz band on both.

flashed back to the latest OLD build. i'm expecting weeks again of service.
sumolx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've also experienced random reboots as well with the new drivers.

I can sometimes reproduce the problem by uploading large data from my MacbookPro over 5GHz to my hardwired Mac Mini Server. An example would be the following:

Downloading Linux Mint 17 via torrent and uploading a 2 GByte file to my server at the same time usually results in a router reboot.

I've also experienced reboots when I try to stream twit.tv to my iPhone 5 over 5GHz.

I barely ever use the 2GHz as I tend to get better coverage and throughput with the 5Ghz in and outside my home.
An@l0gue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using R7000 24760 STD and also experiencing intermittent reboots, sometimes I have uptime of over a day, others a couple of reboots a day.

Rough config and usage:-
- Guest disabled.
- 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz enabled.
- Using NTFs formatted USB drive connected by USB2
- No external packages downloaded/installed.
- Devices (2x ipad, 1iphone, 1xS3, 1xPc, 1xMac).
- Usage about 1.5GB WAN traffic a day.

As you can see from my post count I'm inexperienced with DDWRT although experienced software developer, but will happily capture any logs, traffic or run commands to help isolate the issue in a methodical manner.
donatom3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
kgb173 wrote:
Fractal wrote:
donatom3 wrote:

-Fractal

so i've been using the OLD for a while and have tried NEWD a few times only to experience reboots frequently. I noticed it at first when my cousin came over with 2 iphones. the new one didn't cause issues but as soon as he connected the older one iphone 4 it caused a reboot. ended up going back to old and had weeks of uptime.

yesterday i flashed the newest 8/3 build. same issue but this time with my wife's iphone which is the 5. i looked at the time and it was right when she came home. i'm thinking it also has somethign to do with edge of system on the wifi since it happened right when she pulled into the house.

i have a r7000 and also a ex6200 (Standard firmware not DDWRT). she is only connected to the 5ghz band on both.

flashed back to the latest OLD build. i'm expecting weeks again of service.

You might be on to something with the devices coming in from the edge of the network. I'm noticing something similar. The router always seems to have reset around the time I or someone else gets home.

No iPhones here, only Android and a couple windows mobile phones. I'll see if the resets happen again when the other people come home today.
s-f-r-j
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
root@home:~# uptime
21:14:44 up 1 day, 3:12, load average: 0.10, 0.14, 0.13
root@home:~#

So far, no reboots Smile

Good job Kong.
mchaney
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
s-f-r-j wrote:
21:14:44 up 1 day, 3:12, load average: 0.10, 0.14, 0.13

So far, no reboots Smile

Good job Kong.

Version? Is this on the latest 24800? Do we have reason to believe 24800 will stop the random reboots and those of us suffering from them should retest on that version?

Thanks,
Mike
s-f-r-j
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep, latest.

still up and running, close to 2 days.

Code:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 kongac (c) 2014 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 08/07/14 (SVN revision: 24800M)
==========================================================

____  ___    __        ______ _____         ____  _  _
 | _ \| _ \   \ \      / /  _ \_   _| __   _|___ \| || |
 || | || ||____\ \ /\ / /| |_) || |   \ \ / / __) | || |_
 ||_| ||_||_____\ V  V / |  _ < | |    \ V / / __/|__   _|
 |___/|___/      \_/\_/  |_| \_\|_|     \_/ |_____|  |_|

DD-WRT v24-sp2
                   http://www.dd-wrt.com

==========================================================

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2014-08-07 15:32:45 CEST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

11:22:19 up 1 day, 17:20,  load average: 0.28, 0.23, 0.23

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: