Issues trying to setup TL-WDR3600 as wired bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
kbrookes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52    Post subject: Issues trying to setup TL-WDR3600 as wired bridge Reply with quote
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me with the trouble I'm having!

I've recently moved into a house where my office is at the extreme end of the house and is the only room downstairs as well.

My ADSL 2+ modem is a Fritzbox 7390 and is the DHCP server for all wired and wireless devices at present.

To mitigate the issue of wireless upstairs being awful, I've picked up a TL-WDR3600 and flashed with with DDWRT. I've run a Cat6e ethernet cable from the FritzBox under the house directly under the far end - it's just floorboards so wifi should pass through unimpeded.

I'm trying to setup the 3600 as a wired bridge - no DHCP serving and serving wifi on the same SSID and security settings as the 7390 for fairly seamless handover of mobile devices.

I've tried following this guide: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264149&highlight=wdr3600

But I run into a problem where my wifi network suddenly fills up with additional IPs for all my devices - while the devices themselves complain that other devices are already using their IP addresses: themselves! I've got about 16 devices registered all up but I'm up to 10.1.1.140!

So I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, but any help would be appreciated!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: