problems with setting up my router with usb modem

adam85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28    Post subject: problems with setting up my router with usb modem Reply with quote
Hi guys,
so I bought the Belkin F7D8301 and installed the v24 SP2 K2.6 15030 mega without any problems, I use Huawei E173u-6 as my usb modem. I used this guide to use my USB port for the usb modem www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Cellular_Phone/USB_Modem_as_WAN_connection .
but I don't know why I cant get any further than to the point ACM SUPPORT. I downloaded the driver files but I don't know how to put the files on the router (I don't really have any linux experience).
I enabled sshd on the services tab and on administration and I can't cant any ssh connection to the router with secureCRT nor putty. It doesn't matter if I enable or disable the telnet option on the administration tab, I still can telnet into the router. once in the cli it seems for me that I don't get any respond for any command that I type (once more I'm not familiar with linux)as soon as I write a command I get either command unknown, permission denied or no respond at all, I'm used to the cisco cli and at least something from the router that tells me that he accepted the command. I tried to find a step by step guide to how to put a file on the router but i cant find anything for a linux noob like me, do somebody can help me out here please?

Last edited by adam85 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 13:39; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
You obviously did not read the Disclaimer section in the wiki page you linked to.
adam85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
mmmm ok yeah I see thats true, thank you
but i also tried to connect this way.
my usb modem is not particularly listed but many e173 usb modems are listed so i think there should be not a big problem, but who knows. as soon as I'm home i will check the default id of the usb modem

I connected my usb modem to the router,
changed the settings into mobile broadband and put down my apn settings
apn: internet.ideasclaro for claro in costa rica
dial string: *99# but i also tested some of the different once.
no username, no password, nothing just this settings.

with just this settings i can connect my usb modem to my laptop and go online over the mobile partner software but i want to get it over the router.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
adam85 wrote:

my usb modem is not particularly listed but many e173 usb modems are listed so i think there should be not a big problem, but who knows.

I think most of the E173's were added long after your 4 year old dd-wrt build was created..
adam85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
just found out that my usb modem id is supported (12d1:140c) but cant find the default id with a windows pc.

Quote:
I think most of the E173's were added long after your 4 year old dd-wrt build was created..

if this is true, then i think i can try to test a beta build or some build some user users tested and worked right? i know i can brick the router this way but right now it is nearly useless for me without this function. or i buy an older usb modem, but will that help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: