Buffalo WHR-g300n in AP mode....horrible speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
diskasting
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 0:33    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-g300n in AP mode....horrible speeds Reply with quote
hey guys, pretty new to the dd-wrt stuff, but i'm slowly figuring it out. the last couple of days i've been working on boosting my wifi in my home. i have an awful UVerse box that only has one connection to my cisco switch, which feeds several computers, xbox, etc. the switch also feeds my WHR-G300N which i have configured as an access point with the latest build of dd-wrt. build 24461. i've followed every step on the wiki to the letter, and have tried a couple other user suggestions that i've found through digging. mostly, it's been playing with transmit power and beacon intervals. nothing really helps. the AP throughput exists, but it's at about 1/8th my wired speeds....if that. for fun, i re-enabled the wireless functionality of my uverse gateway, named it a different SSID, and did a speed test. throughput was not as good as wired (to be expected) but was 4 or 5 times at least that of the AP.
if anyone has any good suggestions, or has run into this before, please help me out. for now, i'm disabling my AP and going back to my Uverse as the wireless provider. i can live with that, it just doesn't quite reach all the best parts of my home.

i had tried, originally, to set the WHR as a repeater. i was able to do so fairly successfully. never did any speed tests with it, but it wasn't slow, so i didn't feel the need to. the problem was the subnetting. with the repeater being on a different subnet, none of the devices on the other subnet were accessible making that an unusable option for me. so, if you guys know how to fix that too, i'd be open to trying it. i couldn't find anything to make that work. don't know that it's possible to static route between subnets with the uverse gateway.

thanks!
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does your router has repeater bridge option? Difference between repeater and repeater bridge is repeater bridge use the same subnet as the primary router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: