Linksys WRT160NL => Client Bridge(like broadcom routers)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
pigbaby
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 18:15    Post subject: Linksys WRT160NL => Client Bridge(like broadcom routers)? Reply with quote
Is it possible to run Atheros routers in Client Bridge mode like the broadcom routers?

A: Is running an E2000 in AP mode.

B: Is running an WRT160NL. However Client Bridge is only available in routed mode.

I want to connect A and B over wifi as if they were connected via an ethernet cable. This works without a problem with two broadcom routers but with B being an Atheros router only the routed client bridge seems to be possible?
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
what.? yes they do it fine as well i think you are being confused by the "(routed)" in the name for some reason, it works the same way as broadcommy wndr3700 is connected wirelessly to my tl-wdr4900

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

pigbaby
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
what.? yes they do it fine as well i think you are being confused by the "(routed)" in the name for some reason, it works the same way as broadcommy wndr3700 is connected wirelessly to my tl-wdr4900

The problem with that is that only devices which are in the same routed network can be accessed as opposed to the way it behaves on broadcom devices where you would be able to communicate with every device in the network as if both routers were connected by a cable.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
every device should communicate fine with each other all are on the same subnet, its client only where the subnets are different

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: