Any tutorial on how to set tranmission to work on R7000?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gil80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41    Post subject: Any tutorial on how to set tranmission to work on R7000? Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm looking for guides to make tranmission work on the R7000 with latest kong build but I can't find anything.

when I follow the guide I found and I type Mount

I get the following:

Code:
~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw,relatime)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=512K)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda2 on /opt type ext2 (rw,relatime,errors=continue)
/dev/sdb5 on /tmp/mnt/sdb5 type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=writeback)

Thanks.
Sponsor
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
First you load the firmware build with BT included.
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/24710M/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_BT.bin

Then mount a usb drive to /opt.

Go to Services/NAS, enable Transmission, set the path to /opt/transmission, Save, Apply.

Open a browser, go to 192.168.1.1:9091 to access the transmission GUI.

Search on the web for transmission tutorials. You'll find a bunch to choose from.

Have fun.
gil80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure I've installed "dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_BT_NEWD.bin"

How can I verify this?
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Easiest way to check for BT version is to go SERVICES tab then NAS tab scroll down a little and look for the Bittorrent box where you enable Transmission. If its not there then you don't have the BT build.
gil80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
jimfree wrote:
Easiest way to check for BT version is to go SERVICES tab then NAS tab scroll down a little and look for the Bittorrent box where you enable Transmission. If its not there then you don't have the BT build.

Ok, so I have got that in place.

Now what I'm trying to do is format my USB 16GB device to EXT2 and then just connect it to the router?
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
gil80 wrote:
jimfree wrote:

Ok, so I have got that in place.

Now what I'm trying to do is format my USB 16GB device to EXT2 and then just connect it to the router?

That should do it. I have a 3TB usb drive formatted as NTFS hooked to my router which I use to stream movies via miniDLNA. I created a directory on it for Transmission to use.

bit.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.28 KB
 Viewed:  7218 Time(s)

bit.jpg

gil80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
But in the Services->USB tab, do you use the USB UUID on the JFFS or OPT text fields?
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
gil80 wrote:
But in the Services->USB tab, do you use the USB UUID on the JFFS or OPT text fields?

No I do not, you do not need any of that for Transmission to work. I'll attach a image of my USB tab.

usb.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.41 KB
 Viewed:  7211 Time(s)

usb.jpg

gil80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I've done as you suggested and I was able to log in to transmission but I'm getting an error message few seconds after I start downloading a movie.

Read Only File System
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems to me someone else mentioned that problem in another thread. I don't remember what their solution was or if they found one. It could be that you entered an incorrect path or permissions aren't right. In my case I just attached the USB drive and created the tor directory. Put the path for transmission and hit the apply button. It just worked out of the box.
gil80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I fixed it.
The solution is simple but I guess having a simple mind like myself, it wasn't that obvious Very Happy

When adding a torrent file, it's important to use the same directory convention of the Download path.
In addition, in my case, there was no download folder and I had to create it using Putty and remote to the USB stick on the server.

Last question. I can't seem to open the TCP port required for transmission. It states port 51413 is closed.
How did you manage to open it?
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
AT least you are making progress! You got me wondering about that port. I guess you are talking about the "Peer Listening Port". That is showing as closed on mine too but it doesn't seem to affect the download/upload process. I'm just not sure why you are having problems. I did not do anything special at all to get it working outside of what I've already described.
gil80
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
jimfree wrote:
AT least you are making progress! You got me wondering about that port. I guess you are talking about the "Peer Listening Port". That is showing as closed on mine too but it doesn't seem to affect the download/upload process. I'm just not sure why you are having problems. I did not do anything special at all to get it working outside of what I've already described.

Don't get me wrong. It's working and I'm able to download, it's just I wasn't expecting the port to be closed.
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I've reached my level of incompetence on this one. I Googled and found lots of hits on this problem, most of which are not the problem here. Dealing with fire wall settings on the computer side of things or they are running a torrent from a PC. A common issue across several platforms with no common solution. Its going to take a more knowledgeable person than me. Since it works anyway I'm not going to worry about it. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: