2 Routers 1 Switch

DJ-rb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:41    Post subject: 2 Routers 1 Switch Reply with quote
So...Long story short I'm a VyprVPN User...not sure if i'm an unhappy customer or an idiot Smile Razz

Here's my issue....I need a 100% up connection for certain devices in my home due to my job....
I also need a VPN Connection for "Other Things" Twisted Evil
(Side Note - The Desktop app is NOT working - they say I am experiencing a "rare issue they are looking into"...the app will not let me login with my username and password and gets stuck at the login screen...but I digress)

So I was running into the issue where just about every morning I woke up to no internet and my boss yelling at me by text ...lol so...I have come up with this setup...

I have setup a new router which I am going to "dedicate" to VyprVPN because of the issues that arose with work.
My Current Hardware Setup is as Follows:
(ISP)>MODEM>WZR-600DHP Primary Router > SE1500 Switch > WHR-HP-G300N "VyprRouter".
There are Other devices coming from Primary Router such as a Linksys PAP2T Telephone Adapter...if it matters...but my goal is to have an option to Connect to the VPN without "screwing" with my primary router as I said this was causing issues for work. I would like to be able to connect to the "VyprRouter" and it looks like PPTP will be my only option here vs OpenVPN. I have set it up as guided on the site
https://www.goldenfrog.com/support/vyprvpn/vpn-setup/dd-wrt/pptp
but am having issues. I can connect to the router...and sometimes even to the internet...but I am not making the VPN connection based on the fact that my IP address is not showing up properly at
http://www.goldenfrog.com/whatismyipaddress

The Tech Support team is nice and all over at Vypr...but they seem to know more about Their Product than DD-WRT Which is why i'm posting here.

Please feel free to educate me on any thing i'm doing wrong...
I am not a n00b but i'm not an expert either...

*Edit*
The Primary Router has an IP of 192.168.1.1
the Vypr Router has an IP of 192.168.2.1 with Gateway of 192.168.1.1
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: