5GHz Wireless Disconnects Clients Every 11.5 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sierratango
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 17:42    Post subject: 5GHz Wireless Disconnects Clients Every 11.5 Hours Reply with quote
Hello,

I am running my DD-WRT DIR-868 (kongac - build 24500M) as a client bridge connected to another DD-WRT router (DIR-632) over 2.4GHz 802.11n and using the 5Ghz band as an AP for wireless N/AC clients.

Everything is running smoothly except for one small issue of having all wireless 5GHz clients disconnecting and reconnecting every 11 hours and 30 minutes (anytime of the day - unrelated to interference). I have tried adjusting nearly all the settings in the GUI, hard resetting, and using different builds (BrainSlayer & Kong) multiple times with no effect. The clients' uptimes can never get past 11.5 hours.

DHCP lease times have been set to never expire for any of the clients. Wireless clients on the DIR-632 have no problem maintaining uptime.

Can someone please let me know if I'm missing something here or if this is an issue with the firmware?
Sponsor
sierratango
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Solved the problem by setting the main router to use DNSMasq for DHCP and DNS. Uptime for clients on secondary router is now stable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: