Buffalo WZR-900DHP WiFi - Low Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
qinlejun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
now problem sloved.

1.after flash dd-wrt,flash the latest dd-wrt version.
2.go to buffalo US official website and download the firmware of WZR-600DHP2D and flash form web ui.
3.after flash the buffalo-ddwrt firmware,go to buffalo EU official website and download the firmware of WZR-900DHP (2.13 version).
4.flash the 2.13 firmware from webui(there are 2 update button,pls use the second one).
5.make a factory reset after flash the buffalo official firmware.
6.do as "Busmaster"'s post,to make a nvram clear.
7.after all,router will be work again.

i also flash the router from jp model to eu model as these steps.
Sponsor
zlc420
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
qinlejun wrote:
now problem sloved.

2.go to buffalo US official website and download the firmware of WZR-600DHP2D and flash form web ui.
3.after flash the buffalo-ddwrt firmware,go to buffalo EU official website and download the firmware of WZR-900DHP (2.13 version).
4.flash the 2.13 firmware from webui(there are 2 update button,pls use the second one).

Thank you very much for your share.
But are you sure flash the firmware of WZR-600DHP2D is OK?
And I have a problem, I can't download the firmware on EU official website, how do you made it? would you please help me?
Thank you very much
zlc420
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I made a manual to solve the problem, please see the topic below

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=276371&highlight=wzr900dhp+%E5%88%B7%E6%9C%BA
rific
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any ways to get wifi working right on dd-wrt with this router? (WZR-900DHP-EU)

I flashed "official" dd-wrt from buffalo EU site to the router, and now wifi is very weak. Erased NVRAM and now its working again with original firmware.

I cant believe that they share firmware on their offical site which will broke wifi.. I contacted to the support and they said they do not have support to that DD-WRT version, which i downloaded they own site!! Its totally crap and broke wifi, I don´t understand why they not remove it from their site...
eugge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
zlc420 wrote:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=276371&highlight=wzr900dhp+%E5%88%B7%E6%9C%BA

I try to follow your topic to get my WZR-900DHP WiFi working with DD-WRT but do not find the firmware V1.0 which you indicate under "1.1 Downgrade the original firmware".
I have options starting from version 2.10 till 2.14
The current router firmware - version 2.13
Could you please email me version 1.0 ?
Or it is possible to use version 2.10 also?
eugge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
zlc420 wrote:

Yes, two more questions to the same topic.
1. "2.2 After reboot, please open the 192.168.11.1 in your IE or Chrome, don’t use Firefox.
Username: bufpy
Password: otdpopypassword
If you see the English GUI and the left up corner you can see the red Buffalo logo, its right." - Do you mean red Buffalo logo in DD-WRT firmware ?

2. Not clear what to do in last Point "2.7 Input the http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, and power up the router, then after 5-15 seconds, you will see the minCFE web server. " I see miniCFE web server. Should I do anything in this web server or just Close it?
fiuzu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
qinlejun wrote:
now problem sloved.

i've been erase nvram base on Busmaster's post, however, the wifi signal still gone. my original is WZR-900DHP japan version.
here is my way to change from jap 1.0 to eu 2.14
1- after do 30/30/30 hardreset, the wifi firmware was changed to 1.0 ( from 1.1 jap)
2- login with Username: bufpy & Password: otdpopypassword and update with dd-wrt firmware “buffalo-wzr-900dhp-webflash.bin” ( there is no wifi signal from this step).
3- flash the “ build 23709b version of WZR-600DHP2D”, at this step, i cant flash with WZR-900DHP 2.13/2.14 EU version, it was shown that the update fail so i go to step 4
4- flash with the "wzr_600dhp2_us_213", it's the US version.
5- do 30/30/30 hardreset , login with Username: bufpy & Password: otdpopypassword and flash "WZR-900DHP 2.14 EU" firmware.
everything seem ok except no wifi signal, tried do as "Busmaster"'s post,to make a nvram clear but nothing.
here is my serial output file

Stock Firmware Output.txt
 Description:
serial output

Download
 Filename:  Stock Firmware Output.txt
 Filesize:  31.59 KB
 Downloaded:  94 Time(s)

vincent11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 20:06    Post subject: WZR-900DHP-EU - weak signal Reply with quote
Has anyone solved the problem with wifi weak signal?
Are there any confirmed solutions to fix it?
PikachuEXE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
No luck with wifi signal with DD-WRT
I can only restore the signal strength by reverting to stock firmware, then use boot wait, and go in the mini CFE server to do a nvram erase
fiuzu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
PikachuEXE wrote:
No luck with wifi signal with DD-WRT
I can only restore the signal strength by reverting to stock firmware, then use boot wait, and go in the mini CFE server to do a nvram erase

what do you mean the stock firmware? your router is the us or jap version?
case_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

can someone backup the original cfe.bin and make it available somewhere?

My firmware version is:
CFE version 6.30.163.42 (r396477) based on BBP 1.0.37 for BCM947XX (32bit,SP,)
Build Date: Wed Apr 2 15:17:43 CEST 2014 (root@dd-wrt.buildserver)

Can someone without wifi Problems check their cfe version? I noticed that the cfe version remains the same, with or without the original firmware - as the weak wifi signal does.
case_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow, today i've finally solved the weak signal issue.

i found a original cfe.bin somewhere here in the forum ( [url=https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=44ff97ae66cc6f85&id=44FF97AE66CC6F85%21164&ithint=folder,&authkey=!AJ7M3J6vPMAQJkM]click[/url] )

/ then installed the offical buffalo ddwrt (professional) and used the mtd write command to replace the bootloader(cfe)

/ with the original bootloader in place i flashed the v2.13 from buffalo, did an nvram erase and commit (with serial connection, directly from cfe) - nothing happened Sad

/ next day i flashed the v2.15, did an nvram erase, this time without commit and... wifi came up with normal strength, after the router failed to boot with a kernel panic Very Happy
fiuzu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
case_ wrote:
wow, today i've finally solved the weak signal issue.

i found a original cfe.bin somewhere here in the forum ( [url=https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=44ff97ae66cc6f85&id=44FF97AE66CC6F85%21164&ithint=folder,&authkey=!AJ7M3J6vPMAQJkM]click[/url] )

/ then installed the offical buffalo ddwrt (professional) and used the mtd write command to replace the bootloader(cfe)

/ with the original bootloader in place i flashed the v2.13 from buffalo, did an nvram erase and commit (with serial connection, directly from cfe) - nothing happened Sad

/ next day i flashed the v2.15, did an nvram erase, this time without commit and... wifi came up with normal strength, after the router failed to boot with a kernel panic Very Happy

may i have your offical buffalo ddwrt (professional) firmware, the offical site require serial to download!
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: