upgrade/flash a kaiomy 550B-4PW2 ADSL with WIFI router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
mATrIxLord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:34    Post subject: upgrade/flash a kaiomy 550B-4PW2 ADSL with WIFI router Reply with quote
hi there to everyone, this is my first post on this fórum so bare with me.
I have read a lot in this section on how to flash ADSL routers with Ralink wifi chipsets but i haven't been successful.
the chipset of this router Brand is as follows:
TRENDCHIP TC3162P2-PQ208G
Ralink RT2561ST
IC+ IP175C LF
ESMT M12l64164A

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thx.
Sponsor
Zim_256
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even though that router has a Ralink radio, the chipset is trendchip. It's a Texas Instruments related chipset found on ZyXEL routers like the P660HW.
The difference between the Kaiomy, Huawei that has the same board and the ZyXEL is the radio. Zyxel uses their own radio (ZyDAS iirc), the other cheap brands use Ralink.

The router you have has a Trendchip TC3162P2 (big) main SoC, IC+ IP175C switch for the back 4 ports, trendchip tc3086 AFE for the DSL modem, 8MiB RAM, 2MiB SPI flash and the ralink 2501 radio combo which is PCI.

I consider not very possible to port DD-WRT to that cheap board with so few resources.

Anyways, there is a serial port on board, maybe you can sniff to see what the stock firmware can say.
overflow87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello to all. I have the same board here:
TRENDCHIP TC3162P2-PQ208G
Ralink RT2561ST
IC+ IP175C LF
ESMT M12l64164A

It is a modem/wifi router (ZTE w300). I just want to make it capable for wifi repeater. i dont need the modem ´s functionality.
I really dont care if i burn this device. i have a couple of them for testing purpose.

Is there any version that i could fit in it?
Anyone can recomend me one?
ty for the support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: