RT-AC87U DD-WRT support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
captain118
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:14    Post subject: Watch Reply with quote
I couldnt figure out how to simply watch this thread without making a comment. So please ignore this message.
Sponsor
BrainiakZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just an update -- Still running stable since the update. 5GHZ works fine for me. 150 Meg / 35 up cable network - can max it, even on the 5ghz via android.

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/01/15)
Time: 08:38:40 up 14 days, 41 min, load average: 0.27, 0.26, 0.21

Build 26635

Merlin and Asus firmware would lock up randomly.. at least once a month requiring a physical power down/up.

No more dropping wifi (happened all the time on the Asus OEM firmware / Merlin).
EQRogean
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried several recent builds including 26635 and 26866 on my AC87U and all of them are giving me sluggish download speeds. www.speedtest.net results look fine but downloading real files I'm only seeing 20 to 50 mbit. Changing to Asus firmware and I'm maxxing out both of my connection lines on the same files. The connection lines I'm using are a Comcast 105, and a FIOS 150. This is directly connected to the router.
RejZoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish DD-WRT would use same QoS as TomatoRAF. The one in DD-WRT is rubbish. But TomatoRAF still doesn't support this router... Sad

Btw, has anyone tried overclocking the RT-AC87U? How high did you get it without stability issues? The CPU temperature seems a bit high at 83°C with stock already, is this value correct?

Also, why is connection light violet instead of blue (or red)? Have never seen it like this with stock ASUS firmware...
RejZoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why is hard reset not working after failed overclock? I can't reset the damn thing!?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
RejZoR wrote:
I wish DD-WRT would use same QoS as TomatoRAF. The one in DD-WRT is rubbish. But TomatoRAF still doesn't support this router... Sad

Btw, has anyone tried overclocking the RT-AC87U? How high did you get it without stability issues? The CPU temperature seems a bit high at 83°C with stock already, is this value correct?

Also, why is connection light violet instead of blue (or red)? Have never seen it like this with stock ASUS firmware...

Why is dd-rt QOS bad?

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

allows to test how well qos is working.

On my R7000 with OQS enabled + FQ_CODEL the result displays grade "A" which is really good and shows, that dd-wrt qos does extremly well.

I would really be surprised if tomato, which only comes with an outdated kernel, can beat that.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Why is dd-rt QOS bad?

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

allows to test how well qos is working.

On my R7000 with OQS enabled + FQ_CODEL the result displays grade "A" which is really good and shows, that dd-wrt qos does extremly well.

I would really be surprised if tomato, which only comes with an outdated kernel, can beat that.

QoS doesn't even work properly anymore, since the changes in r26825 & later. I guess nobody bothers with reading this: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4093

RejZoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like AC87U needs WPS reset as well instead of normal reset button... Or maybe I just got damn lucky...

Why DD-WRT QoS is bad? Because it lacks fine tuning of Tomato RAF's QoS and also the awesome interface that one has. And DD-WRT has no Layer7 control from the looks of the interface. And even if it does have it, seeing the list of apps/protocols there, it's either not functioning or it's very poor.

When I've set QoS on my old Linksys E4200 properly using TomatoRAF, I could do everything and once without any service suffering. Here, it just doesn't feel like it.

Same goes for original ASUS "smart" QoS. It just doesn't seem to register certain network content properly and it just gets stuffed or out of buffer when you need it the most...
matchqq
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, so I just flashed mine from build 26635 to 27119 and it has been running well. However, both builds give me a problem that every time a new device is connected to my 2.4 ghz network, the WiFi would drop for like 30 sec and then come back on. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix this? I have 50+ devices connected to the router wirelessly and using bandwidth at all time. Router with this specs should be able to handle this load just fine right?
Carlito83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainiakZ wrote:
Just an update -- Still running stable since the update. 5GHZ works fine for me. 150 Meg / 35 up cable network - can max it, even on the 5ghz via android.

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/01/15)
Time: 08:38:40 up 14 days, 41 min, load average: 0.27, 0.26, 0.21

Build 26635

Merlin and Asus firmware would lock up randomly.. at least once a month requiring a physical power down/up.

No more dropping wifi (happened all the time on the Asus OEM firmware / Merlin).

What are your wireless settings?
captain118
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 14:44    Post subject: Instructions Reply with quote
Do we have a set of instructions? I cant find them in the forum. It looks like I need to preload a special firmware before I update the firmware to DD-WRT. But I cant find that firmware.
Carlito83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 15:02    Post subject: Re: Instructions Reply with quote
captain118 wrote:
Do we have a set of instructions? I cant find them in the forum. It looks like I need to preload a special firmware before I update the firmware to DD-WRT. But I cant find that firmware.

Just load any beta firmware for the AC87U, no need to upload a special firmware first.
captain118
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 15:21    Post subject: Restore Reply with quote
Do I still need to do a 30-30-30 when updating?
drstraleman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello , excuse my bad english .

I have the latest beta version installed by 05/06/2015 .

But now I have the problem that when the AC87U is restarted, he is no longer easily reachable .
On the first Lanport I get no connection, he is virtually dead .

I have to restore the router with the Recovery Tool .

Latest Stock firmware is installed and a reset has already been attempted.

many thanks
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably bug http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4141 introduced in build 27147. You could try previous 27119.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: