RT-AC87U DD-WRT support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
-=xxx=-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's the maximum speed for 5Ghz on latest firmware ?
Sponsor
Enursha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
-=xxx=- wrote:

I finally finished getting mine up and running "smoothly" and on DD-WRT v3.0-r30731std my 5Ghz is running at 346Mbps.....Mind you that low number could be to the fact I also have 4 WiFi networks broadcasting from it currently.

It proved to be quite the challenge trying to figure out the right method / steps to keep the configuration stable for 5 segregated bridged networks using vlans & finally figuring out the issue with authentication to WiFi for any of the VAPs and they now authenticate flawlessly using wpa2 (without having to use a VPN). I gave up 100% on using anything GUI as 9/10 times I would make a change and apply only to find it either did not make the desired change at all or changed interfaceX instead of interfaceY or brX instead of brY, etc, etc....Could be a unique issue for me, who knows. It also had a very annoying tendency to want to do at random when it was booting up to change vlan1's & vlan2's hwname from et0 to et2 which obviously caused VLAN problems. Using SSH for configurations and the Command module to load Startup commands along with fwbuilder for the iptables rules proved far more effective and consistent.

Still can't determine why the WAN LED is a solid red once the WAN port gets its IP from the ISP though.

Anyone have any suggestions for the LED thing? It's purely an aesthetic issue as WAN functionality is not impacted.

As for stability, I have not experienced any drops / random restarts of my router as of yet & it has been up for quite a few hours already, wifi signals have been stable.

My 2 cents for consideration Smile
aoz1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
-=xxx=- wrote:

I'm less successful with my ASUS RT-AC87U
I try
firmware's. The same troubles on all firmware:
1. 5G do not working at all
2. LED on 5G just light, but do not blinking
3. LED on 2G do not light, but WiFi working perfectly
4. LED on WAN the same behavior as in the previous topic
5. Buttons on the front do not working.

I'm afraid it's several hardware versions of the same router.
from here:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-routers-cfe-dumps-collection.17793/
RT-AC87U (ARM) - (HW Revisions: 1.30, 1.50, 1.51)

Some people more happy some less.
m4f1050
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
My 5GHz has never worked more than a minute.... Also, the latest beta that OpenVPN worked for me was 30880 and I have to EDIT FIREWALL then SAVE FIREWALL under Command, 30949 does not work at all, not even after EDIT FIREWALL, SAVE FIREWALL under Command or even Running the commands, does not route at all. Running 30880 ATM, and 5GHz is flaky, but I can connect to my network via OpenVPN...
b-man
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
im running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30534 std (09/01/16)

can run an openVPN server seems reasonably stable don't use it too often but it works when i do connect

5ghz wifi seems temperamental it works but sometimes i have to disable and enable wifi on the phone as it stops loading. then works fine again for a while

anyone found a more stable version for 5ghz wifi for the ASUS RT-AC87U that still has openVPN working
asus_RT-AC87U
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 15:11    Post subject: anyone tried r31825 on RT-AC87U Reply with quote
has anyone tried r31825 on RT-AC87U?
b-man
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:26    Post subject: Re: anyone tried r31825 on RT-AC87U Reply with quote
asus_RT-AC87U wrote:

i'm still running r30534 waiting for someone that has tried a newer version if any are more stable.
5ghz Wifi is better than i had first thought.
the gui is terrible though freezes on services page when i save or apply.

all in all now its running and gets a weekly reboot it seems to be going ok to the point of not changing unless i know of a more stable version
markfree
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

I`m trying this new version and can safely say that 5GHz is working. 2,4GHz though is not as good as it keeps sort of lagging.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308608
After configuring it, I noted that under Wireless / Basic Settings I couldn`t save nor apply the following settings at wl1 5GHz interface:

Wireless Channel - default to "auto" and will not show any other channels

Explicit Beamforming - stays at "Disable" no matter what

Implicit Beamforming - stays at "Disable" no matter what

When I connect at 5GHz, the maximum speed I reach is 150Mbps and it won`t go higher than that. I guess it has something to do with those options I mentioned.

Also, IPv6 configuration seem not to grab my ISP IPv6 info.
tkok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi you all. This is my first message on this forum.

I just installed firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 (05/02/17) from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/05-02-2017-r31924/asus-rt-ac87u/

So far it's working as should, but my wireless security configurations for 5.0 GHz. I have set same settings for 2.4 and 5.0 but only 2.4 has it working and the 5.0 is non secure. I tried booting.

My settings for both are:
WPA2 Personal Mixed
TKIP+AES
password...
Key reneval interval 3600
b-man
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
tkok wrote:
Hi you all. This is my first message on this forum.

I just installed firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 (05/02/17) from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/05-02-2017-r31924/asus-rt-ac87u/

So far it's working as should, but my wireless security configurations for 5.0 GHz. I have set same settings for 2.4 and 5.0 but only 2.4 has it working and the 5.0 is non secure. I tried booting.

My settings for both are:
WPA2 Personal Mixed
TKIP+AES
password...
Key reneval interval 3600

I have mine set on
WPA2 Personal
AES

what are the basic settings

Wireless Channel AUTO
Channel Width VHT 80
Extension Channel lower lower
Wireless SSID Broadcast Enable
Explicit Beamforming Disable
Implicit Beamforming Disable
Airtime Fairness Disable
Network Configuration Bridged

wouldn't hurt to change it and see if it fixes anything.

sometimes the GUI can be a bit dodgy so save then apply settings i find works better for me. i cant remember where i saw it but someone ended up changing everything with commands through SSH as the gui wouldnt save the setting even though the gui was showing it

Otherwise try flashing it again and and nvram clear? (i can't remember as it was quite a while ago when i flashed mine.

i had some issues with mine but after 2 or 3 flashes and lots of nvram clear it come good.
stefanw1337
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 13:33    Post subject: halp Reply with quote
For the past week I've ran into random errors pointing towards DNS problems like "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG" and similar errors. I don't know what's up as I've done no changes for a year or so. This happens wirelessly but also by cable(!). I've used a DNS that isn't ISP for some while without problems, I tried going for Googles just to check, and the problems still occurs. So I've been looking into upgrading the firmware or something. Before consulting my ISP.

In spesific terms internet is slow putting up pages and sometimes result in error about the DNS. This happens on my PC(Win8.1) and MAC(OS X El Capitan, I think?). And on my phone being Android.

Current version of DD-WRT I'm running is "DD-WRT v3.0-r28139 std (11/13/15)". I see this new post above and I'm tempting to try it. What I've noticed from using my version is the problems mentioned with 5.0GHz. It's up but sometimes just crashes(or vanishes) completely. So devices then go to the 2.4Ghz which is.. Pretty bad by itself, because there's a ton of 2.4GHz in the neighborhood.

What would you guys suggest? And is the 5.0GHz compeltely useless even on the 2017 version of DD-WRT? What's the issue with it? Why can't they make it stable?
b-man
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm still running r30534
its stable enough with everything to not change it unless i get bored or someone posts up a newer stable version.

5ghz works pretty good it does stop working occasionally but turning wifi off and on on the device fixes it. although speaking of that i haven't had to do it for a fair while.
Mr.R™
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

As the last few releases for our router have been quite unstable, can anyone tell me what the last stable build they used or are using is?
Access restrictions seems to be broken in the latest releases so im after one with functioning access restrictions/qos and of course wifi.

I would go through each and test myself but family (and 3 whining kids) prevents me atm.
Thanks in advance.
b-man wrote:
i'm still running r30534
its stable enough with everything to not change it unless i get bored or someone posts up a newer stable version.

5ghz works pretty good it does stop working occasionally but turning wifi off and on on the device fixes it. although speaking of that i haven't had to do it for a fair while.

Is this still the last stable version youve found? is wifi/qos/restrictions working? Thanks Smile
Fishrman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
-=xxx=- wrote:

The same troubles on all firmware:
1. 5G do not working at all
2. LED on 5G just light, but do not blinking
3. LED on 2G do not light, but WiFi working perfectly
4. LED on WAN the same behavior as in the previous topic
5. Buttons on the front do not working.

I have exactly the same issues. Have tried several newer and older firmware. No chance of making 5ghz to work at all ...
iga2iga
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will Quantenna's "qcsapi_sockrpc" be supported?
I think until we get support for this, we won't see soc's temperature and full support for Quantenna's states...

upd: fired up /sbin/qtn_monitor ... and got 433Mbs on my phone.. lol. Is this safe?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 22 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: