Belkin F5D7230-4 v1223yy (Eko?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mrbrdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:13    Post subject: Belkin F5D7230-4 v1223yy (Eko?) Reply with quote
Hey

In short the problem is the 1223yy router is dropping out for about 1 minute every once in a while (like around every 15 minutes). Same setup on 1222ee and works fine.

Longer description:
I own two Belkin F5D7230-4 routers which i bought at the same time, but oddly enough the versions are different. One is v1222ee and one is v1223yy. I installed dd-wrt v23sp2 (stable) micro generic on both routers, but i am having problems on the v1223yy one.
My setup is: no WAN functions (i have a seperate Linux box doing nat and dhcpd), WPA2 PSK AES, the routers are briddged (WDS), no frame bursting or anything like that, settings are default except WDS and encryption, and turned off firewall, dhcpd - but configuration is the same on both routers, and i installed the same firmware from same computer (tftp'ed it, worked on first try in both cases, i also did factory reset before that).

On v1222ee it works great, no problems whatsoever that i can see, but on v1223yy there is the following problem:
while pinging there is a pretty consistent request timed out around every 50 pings (pretty consistent), and then once in a while it is not replying for about 30-60 secs. In those 30-60 sec i also cannot use the web administration or access any machines that are connected to that router (also cannot access router from any machine connected via cable or wlan). On 1222ee ping constatnly replies and no packet loss. I mostly get this data from a machine cabled to the 1222ee router, which is then WDSed to the 1223yy. But i also tried cabling directly to 1223yy and experienced similar problems. It just seems to be down for about a minute once in a while.
I have a 500mW WLAN card (pretty strong thing) - if i use this, then that every 50th ping i said which did not respond, instead it is only a very slow response (800ms instead of the usual 1ms), but at same intervals and also very consistent (around every 50 pings).

Before i was using the original belkin's firmware and i was also bridged (but with WEP) and i didn't ever have this problem.

I don't have a programmer or anything, but i can supply all logs or anything i can get from telnetting, just tell me what you need.
Also i tried reflashing via web interface (to same firmware), and reseting to default settings, but none of these helps. The web interface also seems less responsive (for almost everything like saving some settings it takes longer (like 5 seconds instead of instantly) than 1222ee, but just viewing pages seems to be the same speed though, unless it drops out in which case i must refresh in around a minute and then continue).

EDIT: i tried to see if there is any logs, but there seems to be no ls or dir command, i was able to find that this file exists /var/log/messages but it is empty (cat displays nothing).

Thanks!
Sponsor
mrbrdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is my cfe and nvram binaries (dd-wrt v23 sp2 generic micro)
also if there is any newer version (some RC) i can try, which is it?

cfre_nvram.rar
 Description:
cfre and nvram Belkin F5D7230-4 v1223yy

Download
 Filename:  cfre_nvram.rar
 Filesize:  159.09 KB
 Downloaded:  599 Time(s)

mrbrdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
i see there are some downloads of my nvram and cfe.. is there also any solution? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: