TP-Link WR1043ND firmware upgrade failed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
bgeo100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:35    Post subject: TP-Link WR1043ND firmware upgrade failed Reply with quote
Dear All,
Just bricked(?) my THIRD router trying to upgrade firmware to dd-wrt. Going crazy trying to think what I'm doing wrong. Did 30/30/30 reset, set static IP, connected by cable to LAN port (should it be WAN port?). Uploads firmware via router GUI OK, but won't restart, every time. Waited 10 mins. Nothing. I'm sure I've got all the right files but every time won't restart. Using Win XP and IE 8. Doing something wrong, but what.
Any suggestions what is problem. Don't mind if you call me a dope if you've got right answer and it's obvious. I recently bought a used WR1043 already flashed with dd-wrt, so must be possible. On first failure tried soldering serial connection on router circuit board. Eyes too bad, hopeless at soldering, made bad job of it so gave up.

Any help, any ideas, very, very welcome.

Third time I had wireshark running. saved output but can't interpret it. Attached for info.

Computer IP 192.168.1.5 gateway 192.168.1.3 router set to 192.168.1.1 before attempted upgrade.

Yearning for help. Thanks.
Sponsor
tosiara
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your wireshark contains almost zero information - only broadcast packets captured. Which build are you flashing? What firmware was running before the flash: stock or other? And which hardware version are you using?
bgeo100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build - Don't know. Taken from dd-wrt database for this router "Webflash for first installation", dated 2015-4-25 (still there on website), size 7.69Mb. Downloaded about 2 weeks ago.
Router versions were :
V 1.9 Ser 12xxxxxxxxx
v 1.8 Ser 11xxxxxxxxx
V 1.8 Ser 11xxxxxxxxx
All had TP-Link firmware (stock) which appeared original. According to a man named Joey Lodici who has a web page recommending updating procedure the V 1.9 needed a premininary installation of some German firmware which I did and appeared to instal normally.
Installation for each router failed at the dd-wrt firmware instal.
Thanks for quick response.
bgeo100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear tosiara.

Solved it! DHCP not set on computer. Router IP changes to 192.168.11.1 - I was expecting it to stay at 192.168.1.1.
Now to try and wake up the other two routers.
Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: