Dumb question

lhoracio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 15:40    Post subject: Dumb question Reply with quote
Hi,

Short story: having some blind spots at home, bought a Linksys E1200 router to use as a repeater. Somehow I found DD-WRT, and succesfully flashed my router.

Folowing some site's instructions I somehow managed to make it work: I connected the second router by wire to the first router (made the mistake of connecting WLAN door, and lost my printer; changed door, and it came back), and ended up with two different SSID, a house fully covered and a great smile on how smart I was. Not that smart, unfortunately

Now I have to change the second router's password, and I can't get in... I remember setting a fixed IP, but now it simply do not work, either connected or by wireless.

I don't want to reset it. What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Get fing for an android phone. Connect to the second router. Scan for its IP.

Repeater will be on a different subnet than the primary router, if you configured it properly. You will have to be connected to that subnet to access the Repeater.

Repeater bridge will be on the same subnet.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
lhoracio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:52    Post subject: Dumb question - part 2 Reply with quote
Hi Murrkf,

Thanks for your time.

I downloaded Fing, and connected it to secondary router, but all I get is the list of connected devices (all reckonizable), and primary router's IP.

Shows also Network (192.168.0.0/24), gateway (192.168.0.1 - primary router's IP) and DNS.

I'm almost sure secondary router's IP was set to 192.168.0.2, but it is unreacheable. Anyway, it is below 192.168.0.10, since DHCP starts here.

Thanks again,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: