Can we get an update? :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
windowsappme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:03    Post subject: Can we get an update? :D Reply with quote
I noticed I cannot log into the router if I check the https://192xxxx setting. It didn't happen before, started happening recently.

I tried hard reset and everything and tried to log in from different devices. I can type in the username and password but it doesn't login. It just doesn't show anything else after that.

Perhaps there is a fix already.

Please send an update to r24461 our way

Kind regards. Very Happy
Sponsor
SimonB79
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Realistically when can we expect the next update? Smile .. I do check brainslayers changelog occasionally but don't understand any of it! Embarassed lol
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
remaining issues im aware of & think should be fixed before another public build, at least the first 3:

*ddtb(new nat acceleration) causing misc issues like routing etc, some routers even on same kernel still dont have it enabled
*ht40 5ghz channels buggy, 1x1:1 clients like phones & consoles etc wont connect, but a 2x2:2 client will
*tl-wdr4900 v1.3 & probably some other routers, have a 2 min hang & deauth reason 7 from host when using client mode

*https remote access issues for some routers
*access restrictions via word/website not working for some routers
*firmware file too big for flash size on some routers
*vap still stuck on ht20 speeds only when used with wds or client modes, with ap mode its fine

fixed issues from >r24461:

*upgrading/downgrading error
*timezone not working
*2.4ghz ht40 channels

enhancements from >r24461:

*ap isolation option should now also isolate the guest network from accessing the router's lan sockets
*slight qos speedups
*lots of work done with ipv6, moved into the setup tab, more gui options available for it. currently there is "ipv6 type", "prefix length", "static dns 1 & 2", "mtu", "dhcp6c custom", "dhcp6s", "radvd custom"

pending enhancements from >r24461:

*gui option to delete static ip leases, like in qos. so you dont have to delete every one before the target in the list

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
When will be release the next public build ? I am just impatient Very Happy
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
unknown..whenever brainslayer wants

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

dun4cheap
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well from reading the SVN every so often, the next beta will have a lot of changes, new code, and from what I think I understand it has been leaned out.

Reading tatsuya46 is saying, validates to me what I have been suspecting is going on and that we should rush the next release but wait a little longer so they can iron out some of the bugs from leaning out the code and adding quite a bit of updated routines (modules).

Thanks for the update and info.

The port 80 forwarding bug with out reapplying settings appears to have been fixxed.

3 Buffalo WZR-1750DHP - DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

6 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

all in eoip configurations, some with vlans running wep and wpa.

Some with proftp enabled and smb enabled. Mixed ISP from Timewarner cable, Cox Cable and AT&T Uverse.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are right I and maybe everyone prefer to wait something rockstable instead of every month new build full of bugs Wink
mazey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
the community really are the best testers as we have every device on the planet basically. imo its stable enough to release and we can report back and more things will be fixed faster. no matter what people think the next build wont be stable on all the devices until people report the bugs, but the following builds after that will be and they will be stable on more devices then a couple of private testers devices Smile
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
any idea if BS add support of wifi on/off switch/button for example in TL-WR841N and similar routers ?
SimonB79
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
remaining issues im aware of & think should be fixed before another public build, at least the first 3:

*ddtb(new nat acceleration) causing misc issues like routing etc, some routers even on same kernel still dont have it enabled
*ht40 5ghz channels buggy, 1x1:1 clients like phones & consoles etc wont connect, but a 2x2:2 client will
*tl-wdr4900 v1.3 & probably some other routers, have a 2 min hang & deauth reason 7 from host when using client mode

*vap still stuck on ht20 speeds only when used with wds or client modes, with ap mode its fine

*timezone not working
*2.4ghz ht40 channels

*ap isolation option should now also isolate the guest network from accessing the router's lan sockets
*slight qos speedups
*lots of work done with ipv6, moved into the setup tab, more gui options available for it. currently there is "ipv6 type", "prefix length", "static dns 1 & 2", "mtu", "dhcp6c custom", "dhcp6s", "radvd custom"

*gui option to delete static ip leases, like in qos. so you dont have to delete every one before the target in the list

I'm glad the wifi is getting sorted! Cool ps, will the wndr3700v4 have ddtb enabled? Confused

(Like everyone on here I appreciate u guys hard work! ... Keep up the great work!) Very Happy
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
SimonB79 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

*timezone not working
*2.4ghz ht40 channels

*slight qos speedups

I'm glad the wifi is getting sorted! Cool ps, will the wndr3700v4 have ddtb enabled? Confused

(Like everyone on here I appreciate u guys hard work! ... Keep up the great work!) Very Happy

it should which is the reason for this http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3587

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

BL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
How does one file bug reports? Or how can I at least file something that (possibly) will be looked into?

Thanks and thanks a lot for your work, DD-WRT is awesome stuff!
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Getting the usb support working like it used to work along time ago would be nice.
SimonB79
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
SimonB79 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

*timezone not working
*2.4ghz ht40 channels

*slight qos speedups

it should which is the reason for this http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3587

will ddtb increase / boost wifi speed? (Or is it only through ethernet cables?) Embarassed
windowsappme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ping

Rolling Eyes
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: