Kong build 25015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
n6300user
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
My R6300V1 hasn't been able to support 25015 but my newly converted AC1450 to R6300V2 supports 25015M well.

I just installed 25015M and turned the R6300V2 into a wireless bridge. The 2.4GHz frequency is used as a 2nd SSID to split the household load and the wires are used for media. It's only been up a few minutes but all signs point to success. The wires get AC level speeds and the wireless is typical.

The router that performed bridge duties previously will become a spare router.

So the issue with 25015 on the R6300 V1 is mysterious. Any ideas about how to fix it?
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
n6300user wrote:
My R6300V1 hasn't been able to support 25015 but my newly converted AC1450 to R6300V2 supports 25015M well.

I just installed 25015M and turned the R6300V2 into a wireless bridge. The 2.4GHz frequency is used as a 2nd SSID to split the household load and the wires are used for media. It's only been up a few minutes but all signs point to success. The wires get AC level speeds and the wireless is typical.

The router that performed bridge duties previously will become a spare router.

So the issue with 25015 on the R6300 V1 is mysterious. Any ideas about how to fix it?

what output does:

wl -i wl1 status

show you when you can't connect? Is the network authentication service for wl1 running? You can check by running command:

ps | grep nas

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

what output does:

wl -i wl1 status

show you when you can't connect? Is the network authentication service for wl1 running? You can check by running command:

ps | grep nas

I'll have to wait a few days to find out. I don't want to play around with things until I'm used to the new config. Thanks for the hints.
cdmarshall
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does DD-WRT no longer com with Busybox Start-stop-daemon?
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
n6300user wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

what output does:

wl -i wl1 status

ps | grep nas

I'll have to wait a few days to find out. I don't want to play around with things until I'm used to the new config. Thanks for the hints.

Everything is back to normal. I had a couple of problems appear out of nowhere that made me do some reloads on both Netgear routers of original firmware and DD-WRT back on the R6300V1. 5GHz didn't work for any firmware for a while. It stopped after I tinkered with a setting for something.

I eventually figured out the 5GHz channel on the router was not in sync with the client bridges. That little bit probably caused all the problems, even with the initial load last week.

The R6300V1 is running 25015 with no issues. The R6300V2 is back on Netgear firmware for now. I put it back for the debug process. I'll reload 25105M later when I have time.
tsynik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 14:10    Post subject: Re: 25015M Reply with quote
Giraffe wrote:
The changelog mentions that PPTP/L2TP cliënt connection should be possible:

"-updated kernel to 3.10.54 - supposed to fix issues with L2TP/PPTP client connections"

I've just flashed 25015M and unfortunatly - for me - it is not working, i'm experiencing the same problem as before:

When connecting a cliënt directly to the internet (via the EURODOCIS modem) everything works fine but when trying to connect via the Netgear R7000 running DD-WRT a PPTP connection cannot be established.

Also have problems with PPTP passtrhough on 25015M. Switched back to 24200M and PPTP passthrough works fine on it.
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 14:29    Post subject: Re: 25015M Reply with quote
tsynik wrote:
Giraffe wrote:
The changelog mentions that PPTP/L2TP cliënt connection should be possible:

"-updated kernel to 3.10.54 - supposed to fix issues with L2TP/PPTP client connections"

I've just flashed 25015M and unfortunatly - for me - it is not working, i'm experiencing the same problem as before:

When connecting a cliënt directly to the internet (via the EURODOCIS modem) everything works fine but when trying to connect via the Netgear R7000 running DD-WRT a PPTP connection cannot be established.

Also have problems with PPTP passtrhough on 25015M. Switched back to 24200M and PPTP passthrough works fine on it.

I regression tested this back to starting with 24865M (at least with Kong builds, not sure where it starts with BS builds) and posted as such. PPTP passthrough works great with 24800M and earlier.

EDIT: The following paragraph is all wrong, but I'm leaving it in here (grayed-out) just in case. I am (was?) an idiot. I forgot that I had expanded my DHCP range and it was covering my PPTP server assignment range. So I had PPTP and DHCP assigning the same address, hence the inability to do anything. I fixed that and PPTP server works fine all the way up and through 25015. Client connections have exactly the problem indicated above. HOWEVER, inbound PPTP (i.e. DD-WRT's PPTP server) also has a problem that exists at least in 24800M (I haven't found how far back it goes yet, but would like to!): You can connect from the outside to PPTP, but can ONLY interact with the router and the outside world. You cannot connect to internal IP addresses. Seems maybe a kernel issue? Maybe this is what's fixed with 3.10.54? I don't know.

Last edited by DaveTheNerd on Fri Oct 03, 2014 20:52; edited 1 time in total
n6300user
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's verified. Your software works fine. There is no 5GHz problem concerning 25015 or 25015M.

The bridge I was connecting to at first was a n600 router using channel 36 to connect the routers on 5GHz. This channel seemed different to set on the current release from the release of DD-WRT I was migrating from. Reloading the settings from the prior release didn't work. I missed the difference when configuring. The bridge wouldn't come up.

Yesterday I bridged it with a R6300V2 and it worked until I changed some settings. Then the 5GHz died. Being systematic, I reloaded both routers with stock firmware and DD-WRT a few times. Nothing worked until I figured out the channel had to be precisely set, not Auto, on the bridge. In the past I uses a set channel without realizing how important it was over Auto in this instance.

Kong, your software is amazing. Sorry if I caused you concern.
reznap
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I know this won't be useful without logs but I just wanted to share some recent experience with 25015M on an R7000. I've been running it since it was released with no real problems, and I had 15 days of uptime until yesterday when I had a random reboot. I thought it was a fluke and then this afternoon I had another reboot. I haven't changed anything on the router and things have been stable until just recently. Seems like otherwise solid routers can suddenly become unstable, seemingly from external factors. Anyway, just thought I'd share.
Also hoping for a new build soon Smile
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
rez,
you cant control someone else wirelessly trying to access your network so for all you know (or don't), a neighbor might be trying to attach to your wifi with one of the suspected culprit chipsets.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
reznap
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
rez,
you cant control someone else wirelessly trying to access your network so for all you know (or don't), a neighbor might be trying to attach to your wifi with one of the suspected culprit chipsets.

Sure that's always a possibility and is part of what I meant when I mentioned external factors. I just wish Netgear would update those drivers one of these days.
Thanks Kong and BS for your ongoing support!
saintsimon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
rez,

Would a hidden SSID help in such situations?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
saintsimon wrote:
slidermike wrote:
rez,

Would a hidden SSID help in such situations?

No, your network is still visible to others without an SSID (if it was with an SSID *smile*), it just makes your life more difficult. I've read that some clients have a problem with no SSID being transmitted. However, I don't have any of those, and can see a couple of networks around me that aren't transmitting an SSID. Shhhhh...they're secret *smile*.
cdmackay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just getting started with DD-WRT on my R7000.

thanks very much Kong, I've made a small donation.

I had a question about country settings, please... I'm running 25015M.

I'm writing a script to set up my router, following a factory reset.

The nvram defaults seem to have these settings, following a WebIF factory reset:

Code:
wl_country=GB
wl0_channel=6
wl0_country_code=US
wl0_country_rev=0
wl1_channel=0
wl1_country_code=US
wl1_country_rev=0

After I set EUROPE as the regulatory domain, in the WebIF, the settings are now:

Code:
wl_channel=6
wl_country_code=DE
wl_country=GB
wl_country_rev=0
wl0_channel=6
wl0_country_code=DE
wl0_country_rev=0
wl0_wchannel=0
wl1_channel=0
wl1_country_code=EU
wl1_country_rev=61
wl1_wchannel=0

which all seems a bit inconsistent?

If I am in UK/GB, what is the minimum sufficient/sensible vars I need to nvram set, please?

thanks much again.
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
minidlna needs work. it screws up a bit when making changes to WL0 and WL1. especially when the router is in client and repeater bridged mode.

my android tablet used to see it over the network, now it cant find it anymore. even after i performed the proper hard reset on my main AP and client bridged router.

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: