Kong build 25015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
saintsimon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Kong

Ist there any possibility to implement the the higher channels 12, 13 or even 14 for 2,4 GHz? It is quite weird they are unavailable for Europe.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
a google search will reveal that you should leave those 2 fields blank unless you know specifically need to set them to something other than default.
Since you don't, then don't touch them.

Thanks for your answer and sorry for not being clearer. I was asking about the legal aspects of these settings. I read that we need to support DFS and TPC here in Germany, at least on the higher 5GHz bands.
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong, last week you put up 25015M over 25000M indicating that you were disabling the turbo feature until it could be made more stable for the masses.

Any word on what is developing for the next release your working on?
Any new features, tweaks on existing features or are you not really doing anything until there is something work working on to release to the ddwrt community?

I only use your builds since you test on the r7000 which reduces chances of introducing issues into my environment.

Currently I am one of the people having random reboots on the newer firmwares. Once a day or so I will see the uptime indicating a reboot.
I would go back to stock but the genie is horrid compared to ddwrt or tomato and I prefer ddwrt.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
wabe
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded an ac68u a couple of days ago with this build. Seems quite stable, at least with wmm disabled. One interesting observation is that an IPad 3 lose wan connectivity if on 2.4 Ghz wifi. 5ghz works fine. All other devices connect fine.
Will run with this setup a few days and then try with wmm enabled.
First dd-wrt build with new driver that runs stable on this router
Update: Had a unschedule reboot after almost 5 days uptime. Disable WMM on 2.4 band,

Asus AC-68U rev. A1 on Build 53339

Last edited by wabe on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:23; edited 2 times in total
zorkmta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have installed 24800M version on R7000, if i upgrade to 25015, will have to re-configured all setting again? or there some process make it easier?

Regards
sir_clydes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 16:23    Post subject: Multicast Forwarding over Repeater Bridge still doesn't work Reply with quote
I've first reported this problem over a year ago (http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2987), and just tested out the latest build and still have the problem. I can not get multicast forwarding to work on my three AC66U's (two setup as repeater bridges). This setup worked fine on my old devices (three wrt54g's) but I upgraded to the Asus routers a year ago to reap the benefits of dual band and 5Ghz.

Anybody else have this problem still and have any suggestions on a fix?

FWIW, I have the same problem in the asuswrt builds (factory and Merlin), but last I checked it worked in Tomato by Shibby but there were a multitude of other problems (like not being able to set the wireless channels).
wabe
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
zorkmta wrote:
I have installed 24800M version on R7000, if i upgrade to 25015, will have to re-configured all setting again? or there some process make it easier?

Regards

I just used the ddup command and power cycled after the reboot. All settings retained.

Asus AC-68U rev. A1 on Build 53339
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Correct ddup only flashes the firmware & reboots the router. It does not reset to factory defaults. That would be a nice option to add.

_Robb_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
Correct ddup only flashes the firmware & reboots the router.
It does not reset to factory defaults.
That would be a nice option to add.

Have you ever looked at the flashing UI?
Since I remember there has been a selection box to choose to reset to defaults or not.

DO NOT 30-30-30 or erase nvram newer routers! It can brick them.

EA6700: Build 27745 (nvram below 32K, ipv6 - HE 6in4)
E4200: Build 26587
WRT54GL: Retired - waiting in the closet for an emergency.
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
absolutely I have Robb but that does not address the point we were discussing.
there is a command line util for flashing.
It has options/flags you can use & I indicated it would be nice if one of the command line options was to factory reset the router.

MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Generally speaking, I reset to factory defaults and re-enter my settings for each firmware flash. I just don't trust a firmware flash to not corrupt my settings in some way, and then there can be updates in new firmware to how settings are interpreted, default setting changes, and other things that are invisible to users. I really like to start on new firmware from a clean state.

I believe that this has saved me a bunch of time over the years. I've not had to deal with a lot of problems that I hear others having, although not all of them are related to restoring to factory defaults after firmware flash I'm sure *smile*.

You can use a script that will restore your settings after a reset to factory defaults...lots of examples out there on the internet. They use telnet and the command line to restore most settings. I did that for tomato recently, and it works well. Not for dd-wrt yet, since I don't change dd-wrt versions very often.

Last edited by MrDoh on Tue Sep 23, 2014 20:34; edited 1 time in total
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Funny you mention that MrDoh.
I too generally factory reset after a firmware update (via ddup).
If I do the update via gui then i chose the factory resettings for 1 common reboot.

The interesting part of the discussion is that about 2 weeks ago, right after kong got back on the forums he indicated in a thread here that he does not usually reset to factory unless he has a need for that.

Of course he knows when a code has some commands that are changed where the rest of us mere mortals do not.

MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
Funny you mention that MrDoh.
I too generally factory reset after a firmware update (via ddup).
If I do the update via gui then i chose the factory resettings for 1 common reboot.

The interesting part of the discussion is that about 2 weeks ago, right after kong got back on the forums he indicated in a thread here that he does not usually reset to factory unless he has a need for that.

Of course he knows when a code has some commands that are changed where the rest of us mere mortals do not.

Yes, good point, Kong would know when a factory reset is needed due to firmware changes *smile*. Although, as a life-long programmer, I know that I have occasionally forgetten changes that I've made.

I've also seen oddities occur over years just due to a flash. When you flash firmware that you're not supposed to have to reset for, and there are problems that are fixed by a reset and re-entering configuration settings, it is interesting.
scope008
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 21:48    Post subject: Multicast forwarding not working - ac66u client bridge Reply with quote
I have two ac66u's both running the latest Kong build (25015M), one in AP mode, the other in client bridge, connected on the 5ghz band. Devices connected to the AP cannot discover the DLNA server wired to the client bridge. Only when the DLNA server sends out a NOTIFY does it appear across the bridge. Devices connected to the client bridge directly spot the DLNA server instantly. Everything is on the same subnet.

I can see that igmprt is running on the AP, but not on the client bridge. Shouldn't it be running on both?
sir_clydes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 0:38    Post subject: Re: Multicast forwarding not working - ac66u client bridge Reply with quote
scope008 wrote:
I have two ac66u's both running the latest Kong build (25015M), one in AP mode, the other in client bridge, connected on the 5ghz band. Devices connected to the AP cannot discover the DLNA server wired to the client bridge. Only when the DLNA server sends out a NOTIFY does it appear across the bridge. Devices connected to the client bridge directly spot the DLNA server instantly. Everything is on the same subnet.

I can see that igmprt is running on the AP, but not on the client bridge. Shouldn't it be running on both?

I've been having the same problem only with three AC66Us (two being in repeater bridge mode). It's been a bit over a year since I've had the problem and have tried a multitude of different settings to no avail. Reported the bug, tried everything anyone has suggested (including Kong), tried different routers as the main AP, etc. I have offered to run any diagnostics to better help the developers, have supplied my config backups for them to check, etc. with no response. Here's to hoping another user having the problem gets things rolling. Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: