Linksys E1200 Repeater Bridge Wired Connections OK Wless NO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pikakilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:13    Post subject: Linksys E1200 Repeater Bridge Wired Connections OK Wless NO Reply with quote
I have a linksys e1200 flashed with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/13) mini - build 21676 as per the wiki. The router is in repeater bridge mode and all wired clients are able to connect. Wireless clients have problems connecting. These wireless clients, when they can connect, are kicked off of the router at seemingly random intervals. It seems that they are kicked off when they are streaming netflix or any other time sensitive media.

There are times that the wired clients are kicked off as well while playing games, but that is more rare. I have looked at the peacock thread and could not find a specific solution to my problem.

I have not been able to find any solution in google or these forums for this issue.
Sponsor
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
From your description it appears you are overloading the single radio router.

To do successful repeater bridging with high bandwidth streaming you'd need at the least a dual radio router capable of simultaneous
radio operations. One N radio for the bridge connection and one for wlan client connections.
pikakilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
That makes sense. I checked the specs here: http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1200

I don't think the router has two radios, but im not the best with specific technical specs.

Is there a way to reduce the load on the radio? Could I lower the overall speed, or would that not impact the load?

Are there any other tests that I can do to see if there is a load issue?

This pastebin link shows the dmesg output. I'm not sure if will help, but i figure it cant hurt.

http://pastebin.com/e4F2SCQf
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try build 18946. It worked very well on my E1500 as a repeater bridge.

http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv64k.bin
pikakilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mongoose,

How did you configure your e1500 as a repeater bridge? Any special settings or did you follow the wiki/peacock about repeater bridge settings.

Thanks a bunch!
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just followed the Wiki for Broadcom routers. It worked without a hitch after a power cycle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: