D-Link DIR-880L

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
ceprio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 15:16    Post subject: Stable version Reply with quote
27858 is working great for my dir880L v2 but I still have LAN issue with my dir880L v1.2 (LAN not responding). I don't know if it is related to the firmware (I am still investigating).

So stability may also be related to the version of router you have. In any case:
27858 & dir880L v2 -> Stable
Sponsor
Heracles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:38    Post subject: Firmware to use on DIR-880L a2 Reply with quote
Hi,

I confirm that 27858 is perfect for DIR-880L v2. I have 3 of them doing all at once : OpenVPN clients, SSH, firewalls, Virtual Access Points, DHCP reservation and more.

They are all doing great.

Heracles
gjaltemba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
27858 for DIR-880L A2

Connect rate only 288.5 Mbps on 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz

Wireless channel only AUTO (36) available on 5 GHZ
slimbig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did anyone maybe tried one of the 2017 releases on the 880L?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware upgrade from 27858 to 29396 for DIR-880L A2 from web ui. (did not reset after flash)

Connect rate went from 288.6 Mhz to 600 Mbps on 5 GHz.

Wireless channel only AUTO (52 + 54) on 5 GHz. Better speed and range.
Murdertrain
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

Very new here & hopefully have an easy question.

Australian Netflix has a tiny library, it pales in comparison the the US library.

I have been using a SmartDNSproxy.com so that I could use US Netflix in AUS, it has been working well for a year but netflix have put things in place to block this from happening.

I have the DIR-880L A1 router, I needed to set up static routes for the service to work, it works but very crappy, Smartdnsproxy support have advised that I need to set up static routes with LAN, but this modem only gives me a WAN setting.

Could anyone please advise if DD-WRT will give me a LAN option for static routes? And which version do I need to install?

Thank you so much.
donkelley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 16:55    Post subject: holy - DD-WRT fixed my crappy 880L! Reply with quote
1st post here - first experience with DD-WRT or any alternative router firmware.

I've been using dlink routers for years, recently replaced my old tube shaped 6xx with a fancy new 880L, and boy was I disappointed in their new firmware. utter crap, and even their latest beta firmware 1.08Wb04 didn't work properly.

I've had absolutely terrible performance on cell phones since I bought it, having to restart phone wifi every few minutes of use regardless of the phone, and other clients have gotten progressively worse over this month of initial use.

Pretty basic setup in our house, lots of wifi clients (6 people, kodi and netflix all over the place, 3000sq foot house).

Well I got fedup last night and threw the latest dd-wrt on my 880L (latest based on waht the database web tool supplied to me, I have no idea what version it is, sorry).

DAMN this is SO MUCH BETTER! Amazing powerful UI, but most importantly, it "just works". Perfectly. On all devices. With zero wondering if toggling this or that might magically solve the cruddy performance issues that I always seem to get at home.

I was "this" close to selling my new router and spending twice as much to get an ASUS finally, but this did it for me.

THANKS so much for such incredible software and such amazing hard work porting it to this quite excellent router that was, tragically, crippled by d-link's moronic firmware "improvements".

I will forever be a DD-WRT user now.
slimbig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let's see what you'll say about it when you get your first brick lolol

Joking, stock firmware is nothing compared to DD-WRT I however strongly urge you to read this thread from the start and understand the issue with the recent releases because it bricked our 880L

I'm running 880L v1 and r30432 is stable for me no bricks

Happy DD-WRT'ing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
will do! thanks!

by the way, to show how much I'm running on this network:

2x samsung galaxy S7 (one edge, one not)
1x 2016 LG smart phone (android)
1x samsung smart watch (android wear on wifi/bt)
3x older asus and samsung android tablets
2x apple ipods

1x android tv box (1.3 years old)
1x google home
2x chromecasts (some audio only ones coming soon)
1x philips hue hub (on ethernet from router)
6x philips hue wifi bulbs (more coming)
1x philips hue wifi remote (more coming)

1x samsung smart tv 2014 model
1x samsung smart tv 2016 model
1x samsung smart br player (for dumb tv)
1x sony smart br player (for another dumb tv)

1x raspberry pi 3 (on wifi, fixed ip, handles extended home automation by emulating the hue for some "off" brands)

5x laptops

1x wii (the original model)
1x older desktop with wireless g usb card

and yes, as noted, everything works perfectly, literally everything, and much much better than before. all is on wifi (except hue hub, and anyone can connect to another port using their laptop if desired). I share the network name but do the default of only modern wifi protocols on 5gHz, while g, b and n are on 2.4, which does some automatic choice making which should work out very very well.

Last edited by donkelley on Mon Mar 06, 2017 23:26; edited 5 times in total
donkelley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm at work right now, so can't confirm, but I suspect I'm running build 26653, based on what the router database shows:

v24 sp2-beta build 26653. So that is likely what I downloaded, and as noted it's running amazingly well.

I'll read through this thread more to see if there is anything to avoid.

I probably enabled ssh already but haven't found any issues yet - but if that is a problem with this particular firmware I'll definitely be on the lookout.

UPDATE: latest post that mentions a good wifi upgrade is for build 29396, in this thread.

I'll leave things alone for now, but will read up more about it and see if it seems to be safe.

Please confirm: I searched but haven't found for sure the answer to this. I'm guessing that to replace my current build of dd-wrt with build 29396 I simply can do the firmware upgrade link in my current build's menus, right? I don't have to reflash factory-to-ddwrt first? I also shouldn't need to reset anything in my setting first?
Xentrk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried Kong std build r31520 from r30016M over the weekend. Bricked! It worked good until I did the first reboot. Damn orange blinking light! I can now unbrick these things in my sleep.

I support two Dlink 880L's. One with r30016M and the other with r29837. I have decided to not flash with any more rev levels. One is now an AP and the other one will soon be one as well. I plan to replace it with an ASUS running Merlin Firmware. They are nearly impossible to brick. Following is what I have in my stable right now:

3 x ASUS RT-AC88U | 380.65 | AB-Solution 3 | pixelserv-tls | malware-block | privacy-filter | TorNodes | Microsoft Spy Servers | Country Block

D-Link 880L | DD-WRT 3.0-r29837 | entware | pixelserv-tls | using ad blocking solution I forked from https://github.com/aviadra/anti-ads-pack

pfSense appliance SG-2550 | 2.3.3 with D-Link 880L as AP flashed with DD-WRT 3.0-r30016M std (06/24/16)
donkelley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I had the ssh stuff configured on my router, and have since turned ssh and ssh login features off, but of course created the ssh password and stored it already when I set that up.

I don't know if that turning those features off again like I have now doesn't actually deleted them from storage, which concerns me based on what I read earlier about other people creating ssh logins and then rebooting to a brick. I haven't rebooted my router since I got it setup.

What seems like the safest way to make sure I can wipe and then reboot my router? Right now I'm still super happy with performance, although haven't tested wifi throughput to see if this build does in fact have performance issues. By the way I'm on hardware version 2, not 1.x.

For example, is there a way to wipe it of the current settings now, completely, ssh password and all, so that I can reboot safely and then do another setup of my firmware without enabling all of the apparently dangerous ssh login stuff?

Thanks so much - I don't feel at all confident opening my router to force reset it by shorting wires or whatever seems to be the unbricking technique required.
MoreCowbell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 22:23    Post subject: *** LATEST FIRMWARE *** Reply with quote
****** LATEST FIRMWARE ******

Trying to get a handle on the latest known-good firmware I can install on a dir880L without bricking. Here's a partial compilation, from this thread. If you have more data, please reply!

r29396 = OK (from ridilen)
r30432 = OK (on v1 hardware. From MoreCowbell & slimbig)
r30826 = BRICKED (from slimbig)
r30949 = BRICKED (from yasfinite)
r31520 = BRICKED (from Xentrk)

[/b]
MoreCowbell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 22:32    Post subject: LANside Client Lease Time: doesn't count down! Reply with quote
LANside Client Lease Time: doesn't count down!

dir880lv1/r30432 DNSMasq=enabled: The client lease time doesn't count down - it stays stuck at 00:05:00 (or whatever I set it to) (shown on Status->Lan page). It is stuck for both static and dynamic clients. This means changes don't take, and devices are hidden on my network, unless I reboot the client. The WAN side counts down fine.

Any ideas?
bgi123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:03    Post subject: My Dlink router just got bricked. Reply with quote
A thunder storm knocked out the power and when power came back the d-link router keep booting up with orange blinking light...

Emergency recovery doesn't work or I am using the wrong files? I keep uploading the default factory firmware from dlink website. The page refreshes back to recovery page after successful upload.

Need help please.

I am trying to do serial recovery now, but how do I open it? I see no screws. Do I pop the hood? I don't wanna break my router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: