D-Link DIR-615 D2 seems to have died?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
cjcharles@gmail.com
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:37    Post subject: D-Link DIR-615 D2 seems to have died? Reply with quote
Hi everybody,
On Tuesday I got my old D-Link DIR-615 D2 out of the box again to improve the wireless signal in my house and flashed the latest dd-wrt onto it (21061). Everything set up and working perfectly for about 36 hours until overnight it stopped dead... Cant get it to do anything with power cycles or resets (holding the button before power on and while on).
All I get is an orange power light and a continuous blue/purple WPS light. If I hold the reset button while turning on then the orange light flickers randomly and the internet light flickers green randomly (not in sync) while the WPS light flashes purple. If I connect an ethernet cable then the router LAN light doesnt turn on and the computer says not connected.
Im guessing it is completely buggered... but how and why did it happen?
Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
cjcharles@gmail.com
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody got any ideas? Would love to get this router working as I just bought a PoE power adapter for it so I can hide it out of the way.
Thanks very much!
Sentello88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
try this: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0
cjcharles@gmail.com
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I have been trying to get that to work but I cant get the router to show any signs of network life... The computers that I have connected to dont register that there is a network cable even plugged in and the router doesnt light up one of the network LEDs. As a result I cant get to the page with or without setting my fixed LAN IP.

Presumably those network LEDs should turn on when a cable gets plugged in?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: