Unable to change MAC / BSSID via shell or script on RT-N66U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Keishin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:40    Post subject: Unable to change MAC / BSSID via shell or script on RT-N66U Reply with quote
So I've got an Asus RT-N66U running the latest build from here (K3 from 09-Jun-2014). I'm attempting to implement this script on a separate virtual interface from my primary configuration so that I can leave said interface open & un-encrypted w/AP Isolation. My motivation for this project is
1) Two learn more about networking & linux, as I haven't worked with DD-WRT before.
2) For the gaming benefits of the Streetpass relay.

I don't think that altering the script to run on the build of DD-WRT I'm running is an issue, and I don't think I'm having any trouble altering it to run on wl0.1 (since it assumes wl0).

As far as I can tell, the roadblock is that nothing I try is actually changing the MAC address. I've done an incredible amount of searching and digging, but I've yet to find anything that will reliably change the MAC.

I've tried using ifconfig and nvram changes. I've tried temporarily doing all this on wl0 just to reduce complexity, and it seems like the only thing even then that would be 100% reliable was to set the MAC in the web interface.

Are there any commands that should do what I'm looking for?
Sponsor
Keishin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
TL;DR: Only the web interface can change the MAC, and it only gives the option for wl0, not wl0.1. No commands (that I can find) work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: