NEED TO BUY SUPER MEGA AWESOME ROUTER! NEEDITNEEDITNEEDIT!XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
nombre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 14:04    Post subject: NEED TO BUY SUPER MEGA AWESOME ROUTER! NEEDITNEEDITNEEDIT!XP Reply with quote
Hey Guys! Howareyas? Smile

I am currently trying to research someone who can sell me the best router that money can buy (the "Netgear R8000 Nighthawk", I believe?), with the best and latest dd-wrt firmware installed to it (kong?), to have 'squid' installed to it and then configured to run as a reverse proxy (so that I can cache stuff from the internet to make my speeds more efficient), a regular proxy that I can use to block most bad stuff out, and it needs to be configured to use a good vpn. I'm thinking of subscribing to and using hidemyass as a vpn, but if anyone could recommend a better vpn, could ya please let me know? Smile

The closes that I have got to such a router so far is advertised at http://www.flashrouters.com/routers/brands/netgear/netgear-r7000-ddwrt-router ...but it doesnt have squid XP.

My priority is to try and 'stop my internet from sucking'. My current internet has a 'top' speed of 200 kilobytes per second...but on average, I am lucky to break 100 XP

Getting back on track, could someone please help me with this request? I could either order the router locally and send it off for customisation, or pay someone to buy the router for me and customise it before sending it to me, no problems Smile

Many Thanks,

- Me XP
Sponsor
nombre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adding on to above, I would also need to have a plugin installed to the router, which would allow me to monitor internet traffic per ip...so if the internet is slow, I can hunt down that bloody bandwith hog that is eating all of the internet XP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: