Connectivity issues with TL-WR841N v9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Proself
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:31    Post subject: Connectivity issues with TL-WR841N v9 Reply with quote
Just to clarify a few things. I will point out when running the stock TL-Link firmware I could physically connect from my Buffalo WZR-HP-G450H to any of the LAN ports on the TL-WR841Ns and make them just APs. Due to the stock firmware you couldn't use the WAN port.

Now my intention was always to have DD-WRT running on all the routers so now I have 1 Buffalo and 3 TL-Links all running DD-WRT and setup with the AP guide I can only access the TP-Link that is physically connected to the Buffalo if I connect using any of the LAN ports. It makes no difference what I put in the network setup - whether blank or specify the gateway of the Buffalo.

If I don't use the WAN port the gateway address for the 2 APs not directly connected to the Buffalo are the IPs I manually configured it for. If I want to access them all I have to connect them to the WAN port. While not necessarily inconvenient I know that isn't by design.

Since the TP-Links are essentially just switches now I don't understand why all the ports can't be used interchangeably. Is that an issue with the release of the firmware of something quirky with DD-WRT? Do I submit is as a bug or did I miss something?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: