Advice on setup of of seperate DNS for Roku 3

Jules45678
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:00    Post subject: Advice on setup of of seperate DNS for Roku 3 Reply with quote
A newbie to dd-wrt, after spending a month trying to set up a dual router configuration for my router and was gently pointed in the direction of third party software for my Netgear R6300.

A week ago (after days of reading all of the helpful advice on this forum) I was brave enough to attempt the install. It seems to have worked all ok. It is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/12/14) kongac(SVN revision 25000M). This router is connected to a TPlink modem in bridge mode.

I am hoping that I can configure the router so that it automatically assigns my ISP's DNS except in the case of for my Roku 3, which I want to direct to an Unblockus DNS entry. As I have a spare laptop right night to the router (as well as my main pc) I have been using the laptop as my test case to get the config right.

I have the following set up in my setup screen;

DHCP Type
DHCP Server DHCP Forwarder

DHCP Server
Enable Disable

Start IP Address

Maximum DHCP Users 50

Static DNS 1 (ISP DNS server)
Static DNS 2 (ISP DNS server)

Use DNSMasq for DNS - ticked yes.

Then in Services I've assigned a static IP to the laptop and entered the following in DNSSMasq additional options; which is unblockus DNS = hostname,IP address.

208.122.23.22=/jalaptop/192.168.1.100

What am I missing?? I have been surfing for a week, and my technical skills are a little challenged but can definitely take direction and happy to give it a go. The laptop is getting internet but not recognising the unblock us DNS entry.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: