WRT150N v1.1 - Replacement Flash Chip?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Simba7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 18:57    Post subject: WRT150N v1.1 - Replacement Flash Chip? Reply with quote
Is there a decent replacement for the Samsung k8d3216ubc flash chip in this router? I found it for a few dollars at a thrift store. Everything looks good, except for the darn flash chip.

I figured, if I could replace the flash chip, hook up my JTAG cable, and reflash it, it would be worth the trouble. I can get a new flash chip on DigiKey for a few dollars.
Sponsor
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is wrong with the chip?

Here's a link to data sheet.

http://www.dataman.com/media/datasheet/Samsung/H8D3x16UTC_K8D3x16UBC_rev17.pdf
Simba7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bad spot on the chip. I picked it up for a few bucks. I checked it and it had a blinking power light. I figured a bad flash and someone ditched it.

When I returned home, I tried to flash a firmware onto it via serial. That's when it spewed that the flash had a bad spot on it. I was like "crap".

The rest of it looks in good shape, except for the darn flash chip. So, if I can replace that part, JTAG it, and re-flash it, it'd be up and running in no time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: