PLEASE HELP-Problem with upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
softpex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:42    Post subject: PLEASE HELP-Problem with upgrade Reply with quote
Hello,
I am in a serious situation. I attempted upgrading my new router to DD-WRT firmware to start enjoying the beautiful features of this firmware. At 30% completion, there was power failure and now, the router only starts and restarts itself after about 1Sec. This means that i cannot even access the dashboard anymore. Please i need help. This is a situation that can cost me my job.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sounds like the firmware is corrupted and the router is looping at the boot loader. Some router can be recovered by TFTP and in the worst case by serial or jtag method. However before others can give you further assistance, you have to at least tell others what model and version is your troubled router.
softpex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you. The router is a TP-Link WR1043ND router
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
A quick google search on unbrick WR1043ND and found the following which may be helpful to you:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=38424
This link provides a lots of info on how to open up the unit and connect a serial link to the router, you may not want to flash the router with openwrt then following the next link for info on how to flash back the stock or dd-wrt to your router.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=478808
softpex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks
I am following that up right now.
Will get back when i succeed.
Thanks again.
ckm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
HEY !!!!!!!

You need to get a adapter thats works i suggest
a NOKIA CA 42 or FT232RL FTDI USB to TTL Serial Converter Adapter anything with FTDI chip will work.
Others mite work but if it don't work you want unbrick your router.I like my CA 42 its only got 3 wires the ones you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230970599788?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: