Repeater Bridge Not Broadcasting SSID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Mantihts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 21:01    Post subject: Repeater Bridge Not Broadcasting SSID Reply with quote
I just set up my Linksys E2500 as the second router in my repeater bridge setup but I can't seem to get the SSID to broadcast. I am able to connect to the internet via wired connection from the Linksys but no via wireless.

I've uploaded a picture album of my settings here: http://imgur.com/a/KdP1a[/url]
Sponsor
sigmapi332
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem. Finally found steps to follow that made it work. No one bothered replying to my post so I just had to go fishing on the web...

Do this EXACTLY and it worked for me... same router, E2500

Hard reset router. Reset username and password. Set RB to same subnet as AP. Disable DHCP. Set gateway to AP. Apply. (Relogon to router after setting static Ip on computer to same subnet, if necessary.) Set wireless security to same as AP. Apply. Set mode to repeater bridge. Set channel to auto. Apply. Status, wireless, site survey, join ssid. Apply. Add virtual interface and name new ssid. Apply. Set security for virtual interface. Apply. Advanced routing. Set to Router. Apply. Set computer to auto Ip and dns. ethernet connection. Join new ssid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: