RC7 issue with wired connection in repeater modes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wolfsburged
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 22:17    Post subject: RC7 issue with wired connection in repeater modes Reply with quote
Linksys WRT-54G V. 2 running DD-WRT v24 RC-7 ( 2/18/08 ) std

I’m attempting to create a wireless bridge between my WRT-54G and another Linksys WRT54GS which is still running OEM firmware.

If I follow the wiki instructions (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge) I get no DHCP link to the main router over wired LAN, however everything works fine over the virtual wireless interface.

As is, if I connect to the DD-WRT router via its virtual wireless interface (SSID is repeater and is different from the main router) I can get full access to the internet, am assigned a DHCP address from the main router, etc. All is good. However, if I connect to the repeater via LAN, I get nothing. No DHCP assigned, cannot ping through to the main router if I static assign an IP, cannot get online.

If I set the DD-WRT to regular “Repeater” mode, I have the exact same problem, except the DD-WRT is the one assigning DHCP. Over wireless connection to the repeater, I again can get a DHCP address and get online, however via LAN I get neither DHCP nor can I get to the main router or online. In repeater mode I have all the same settings as in Repeater Bridged except I made my DD-WRT’s IP address 192.168.5.1, kept all other IP info the same, and all other settings are the same, and otherwise were reset to factory defaults.

As is, I’m 50% of the way there, but I really do need LAN connectivity as well as wireless connectivity from the repeater… What could I be doing wrong???

Here is my detailed configuration information:

Main router (connected to internet) is IP 192.168.1.1, subnet 255.255.255.0, is broadcasting in mixed mode, and has 64bit WEP. SSID is 804d.

DD-WRT is v24 RC7 ( 2/18/08 ) std.
In repeater bridge mode, which has nothing really working settings are:

WAN connection type: Disabled
STP: Disabled
Router name: repeater
Router IP address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Local DNS: 0.0.0.0

Wireless:
Physical interface wl0:
Wireless mode: Repeater Bridge
Wireless Network Mode: mixed
Wireless Network Name (SSID): 804d
Network Configuration: Bridged

Virtual Interface wl0.1
Wireless Network Name (SSID): repeater
Wireless SSID Broadcast: enabled
AP Isolation: disabled
Network Configuration: Bridged

Wireless Security:
Physical Interface wl0:
Security Mode: WEP
Default Transmit Key: 1
Encryption: 64bits 10 hex digits
Key 1: xxxxx my WEP key

Virtual Interfaces wl0.1:
Security Mode: Disabled (for testing)

Security:
SPI Firewall: Disabled
Sponsor
ckx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:45    Post subject: Dont USE RC7 Reply with quote
Hey man, after I tried version RC 6.0 my ALREADY WORKING repeater network using 3 different WRT54G didn't work after the update, the problem is on the RC 6. I am not sure if RC 6.1 or 6.2 nor 7 has the same problem, but all that I can assure you is that on v24 RC-5 micro it works, as "repeater" creating a virtual interface and setting up the passwords if there are any....of course, you need tu use different subnets in every repeater, for example my first wrt54g gets the wan and has 192.168.1.1 for ip, the repeater is 192.168.68.1 and another repeater of that repeater has a 192.168.69.1 subnet...and it works beautiful!...actually really fast for going thru 3 different routers.....

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: