Vlan setup with WHR-HP-G300N - 2 seperate subnets?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
geforcextreme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 15:32    Post subject: Vlan setup with WHR-HP-G300N - 2 seperate subnets? Reply with quote
Hello all,

I am kind of new here and also trying to find out the best route of setting up a 2 subnets on a clients network using a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300n v1 running DD-Wrt firmware. Below is what I need done:

Network 1 has IP scheme of 192.168.1.X

Network 2 needs to have an IP scheme of 192.168.2.X

Network 1 has a workstation that is running a POS software with a static IP of 192.168.1.5. This must be able to use the internet and network resources.

Network 2 has a server that is running a web based program and has an static IP of 192.168.2.10. This as well must be able to access the internet.

Both of these computers need to stay on separate subnets within the same office location due to security reasons. However both need to be able to access the internet.

The workstation 192.168.1.5 on network 1 needs to have a port forwarded to it of 12005 so it can communicate with a web service online. While the server 192.168.2.10 on network 2 needs to have a port forwarded to it of 443 so it can communicate with a web server online as well. I suspect I would just take care of this under port forwarding in the DD-wrt firmware? Pointing each port to the IP address of each device?

DHCP "maybe" needed for network 1 192.168.1.X. However it won't really be needed for network 2 192.168.2.X. But honestly both the workstations will have static IPs, and there are no other computers going to be running on these networks. The only thing that would be needed for DHCP, is the wireless network for cell phones which should stay on network 1 192.168.1.X

I am just trying to find out how to pre-configure the DD-wrt firmware on this this router correctly for the 2 vlans before I bring it onsite to the location for setup.

I will be plugging in the workstation 192.168.1.5 into lan port 1 on the router and the server 192.168.2.10 into lan port 4 on the router if that makes sense?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: