How to realize Guest-WLAN on TP-WDR4300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Masterddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:56    Post subject: How to realize Guest-WLAN on TP-WDR4300 Reply with quote
Hi,

i need help.

I want to realize a guest wlan for my router. SW Version:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std
(SVN revision 21061)

In the original firmware there was an option for guest wlan, but not anymore in dd-wrt.

Can you assist me what to do that guests can surf the internet, but they should not have access to the local network.
Sponsor
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
from Kong's site http://tips.desipro.de/category/dd-wrt/

Guest Wifi Setup DD-WRT

Here comes a short guide on how to setup a Virtual Guest AP. In build 23020 I added an option to isolate guest wifis from local network. This along with my fix for unbridged vifs allows to setup a guest wifi with only a few clicks. The following image shows the Wireless->Basic Setup page. In order to create a virtual access point, for your guests, click on Add in Virtual Interfaces section. Now fill out the details for this guest wifi. The labels in red give you a short explanation what these settings are for.

Once you are done go to Wireless->Wireless Security, choose your encryption scheme and password for this guest wifi. Next step is to enable DHCPD for the guest wifi. Go to Setup->Networking and add another dhcp server for the guest network as shown in the following image.

And upgrade if you need Net isolation function...
Masterddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx very much!!!

My settings is looking slightly different, can you have a look over it to check if its ok?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
u didnt follow what mile-lile said or the images..eg: net isolation u dont have it cause u didnt update ur build first..

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Masterddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh sorry, you are right.

I am not sure, is this the right fw for my router?
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F
Masterddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I updated now, but i still dont have the missing net isolation.
--
I tried it anyway, but when i try to connect to the guest network i dont get any ip adress.
--
Attached see my settings. What is strange, after i click on "apply settings" the "advanced settings" is unmarked... strange...

Help...
DeltaNu1142
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm in a similar situation using build 24461. I posted a thread here, but haven't received any replies yet.

My guest interface is set up on ath0.1 as above. The guest SSID is visible, and the password works, but guests can't get an IP address.

I've found that the problem is solved if I add their MAC address to my wireless MAC address white list. Only then can they connect to the guest SSID. This shouldn't be the case, and I'm trying to find a way around it. Also, net isolation isn't working for me; I can connect to the router and other places on the main SSID from the guest network.
ploquets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any updates? Have you did it?
tdiguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have a much different router but maybe this will help.
Settings under wireless: advanced
network unbridged
net isolation enabled
masquarade / nat enabled
ip address
192.168.2.1 ( different network than normal one in setup this is to seperate the guest and regular network )
netmask:

under setup : networking
multi dhcp server
ath0.1
on 100 10 lease 3600
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: