WRT54GS V7 Flashing New Instructions..Also Bricked Routers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
pziental
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

can i get also this file ? ( CFE ) for uprade my wrt54gs v7 from dd wrt micro 24 rc5 to rc6.

my email is: pziental at gmail dot com

i must say that iam suprised after configuration of my router with new wrt dd software.

where i can find comparsion of dd wrt versions. ( micro, mini, voip, vpn )

btw. what maximum tx transmisions can i set. medium home, 2 floors. now i set 44 mW...not too high ?

Grettings
Piotr
Sponsor
Wingit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 15:11    Post subject: Tornado (WRT54GS V7 CFE.BIN) Reply with quote
Hello folks,
It seems that a lot of people are in need of this bin file. This bin has no frills. If you TJTAG it in and it finishes, unplug and plug back in the router will come on with no lights. This will allow you to TFTP the micro or mini file onto the router.
This worked on a Broadcom BCM5354 KFBG Rev 2 CPU chip.

Tornado hope this is not a problem!

pziental
Why would you need to flash the CFE to the router if you are just upgrading the ver. Have you tried using the upgrade function in the DD-WRT consul?

CFE.BIN
 Description:
This is a direct quote from Tornado "Here is a CFE for the GSv7, after flashing this CFE, if it is successful, all lights will be off, after you reboot it you can tftp dd-wrt firmware to it. Make sure to erase the whole flash a couple of time before

Download
 Filename:  CFE.BIN
 Filesize:  195.92 KB
 Downloaded:  2677 Time(s)

pziental
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
i am not sure that if i will upgrade from micro v24 rc to another...: mini generic vpn or voip version all will works properly.

thanks for a file Smile
Wingit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not a problem. It definitely a good file to keep around.
FarReachingSignal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:55    Post subject: Re: WRT54GS V7 Flashing New Instructions..Also Bricked Route Reply with quote
Just wanted to say thanks for the great write up.
Worked like a charm on my wrt54g v8. Very Happy
madi123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:23    Post subject: Do I need to reset router after CFE-Updater-Gv8-GSv7-v3.bin Reply with quote
I was on RC5 and decided to update to RC6.2.
Previously I used vxworkskillerGSv7-v3.bin to upload the RC5 Firmware. However, I have a couple of important questions left.

1) Do I need to update CFE by using CFE-Updater-Gv8-GSv7-v3.bin?

2) Do I need to reset my router after loading CFE-Updater-Gv8-GSv7-v3.bin before using tftp? Or I can do "tftp dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin" without restarting the router?
Tornado
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
NO, if you used vxworkskillerGSv7-v3.bin, then it already has the most up to date CFE in it.

My preferred parallel jtag adapter:
TIAO Parallel adapter

Tjtag website - http://tjtag.com

Compiling DD-WRT on:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3926.667 Mhz

Aptosid X64 - Debian SID X64
Ubuntu 10.10 X64 - Arch X64
madi123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tornado wrote:
NO, if you used vxworkskillerGSv7-v3.bin, then it already has the most up to date CFE in it.

Anyway I used it. Didn't reset also, everything is worked and I got a new Firmware. However, I had some problem with Radio scheduling. When I pressed save and apply buttons Both radio and Power lights went off, then blinked several times and lighted on again. Radio had to be turned off according to the current schedule, but it didn't. I checked the router's time and it was correct. After about 5 min radio turned off by itself.

Is it usual, or something is wrong and this is a bug?
Eko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
madi123 wrote:
Tornado wrote:

Anyway I used it. Didn't reset also, everything is worked and I got a new Firmware. However, I had some problem with Radio scheduling. When I pressed save and apply buttons Both radio and Power lights went off, then blinked several times and lighted on again. Radio had to be turned off according to the current schedule, but it didn't. I checked the router's time and it was correct. After about 5 min radio turned off by itself.

Is it usual, or something is wrong and this is a bug?

All OK. power light now blinks to indicate "nvram commit", radio timer needs 5 min on first run, it waits for time to be set.

PS: next time use GUI to upgrade.
madi123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 20:37    Post subject: Reasonable to update RC7 Reply with quote
Is it reasonable to make an updates for a new release candidate 7?

Here is an RC7, which some people successfully installed.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/RC7-9059/dd-wrt.v24_RC7-9059_535x_micro.bin

Or it is better to wait for a final realease of v24. Skip all this RC and then make a donation after final release.

Edited on 03/11/08

I decided to stick to RC6.2. My router is rock solid and fast. I got more free memory compared to RC5 and no issues. Thanks to everyone who commited to this project. It will be a shame if I won't donate. Smile
orsty9001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 14:44    Post subject: No WLAN light! Reply with quote
I just followed these instructions for my WRT54GS v7. What do you do if and when you've completed the last step and you do not get a WLAN light?

I can ping my router but cannot log into it. I've been waiting now for 20 mins.
Tornado

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
What waas the last step, did you tftp the firmware ?

TIAO Parallel adapter

Compiling DD-WRT on:

orsty9001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did.
Tornado

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you reboot the router ? If you did what do the lights look like ? Did you try going to the web interface ?

TIAO Parallel adapter

Compiling DD-WRT on:

chorton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:46    Post subject: wrt54gs v.7.2 ??? Reply with quote
Just got a wrt54gs v.7.2 and was wandering if it is considered same as v.7 as far as compatibility with dd-wrt firmware?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: